Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander

Ocean yacht

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by 8071galaxy, Jun 19, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 8071galaxy

8071galaxy New Member

I would love some feed back regarding 1995 ocean 48. We are close to buying one. It's fresh water only and has 6-V92's 550bhp. Around 1000 hours. We are moving up from a 2007 sea ray 340, we don't have plans on fishing but love the layout of the boat (three state rooms). Would have went for the Viking but not quite as good regarding space, but better for high seas. Any feedback from owners or those who have used the 48 would be great,
  2. jrp4783

jrp4783 Member

Galaxy, I considered the same trade-offs when I was purchasing my boat. I purchased a '50 Post rather than a Viking due to the amount of room the Post had over the Viking. I considered the overall quality of the boat, the room, and then the ride. I was concerned about the quality of ride of the Post versus a Viking. We boat on the Great Lakes and are very happy with our decision. I have been in some very rough seas but as I think most people do, avoid them when I can. I had a '45 Searay Express bridge prior to this boat and the ride of the Post much much better. I'm sure the Viking would handle the heavy seas even better than my Post but it's all a trade-off. I am much happier having the additional space in the salon and cockpit then having a boat that would ride marginally better in seas that I try to avoid. Anyway - my two cents...
  3. 8071galaxy

8071galaxy New Member

Thanks for the feedback, we boat on lake Michigan as well out of sturgeon bay.

Thanks for the feedback,
  4. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

jrp,
    i agree
  5. MadDoc

MadDoc New Member

did you buy the 48SS? I had a 2002 and was happy with it; did real well in rough water, not that I planned on it!
  6. 8071galaxy

8071galaxy New Member

Thanks for the responce, yes we traded for it and i love it. This far it's performed very well I'n rough seas and has so much room for couples and kids. Thus far very happy with our choice!!!!