Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

ocean info

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by oldguy, Apr 25, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. oldguy

oldguy New Member

dear ocean people,

i am looking at sportfishers to replace my old sailboat. the oceans look beautiful. they also seem to use much less fuel per mph than other sportfishers. the only thing that gives me pause is that some people say ocean had some problems with their earlier models. of course they never mention what these problems were. could any of you tell me anything about the good or bad of older ocean sportfishers (48 or 55 footers)? any info on their ride qualities, fuel use, etc would be helpful. i really don't want to have to buy a hatteras as they just don't appeal to me.

thanks!
  2. sford

sford New Member

The early Oceans had some blistering and bottom flexibility issues! Hence their nickname "flexible flyer"! I personally own a 1983 46ft SuperSport Hull #29... We have owned it for 4 yrs and have done a complete refit!! Rebuilds and new mechanicals , painted out all the mahogany & teak exterior and complete interior remodel and have been absolutely extatic with our purchase!!! We bought it in Fort Lauderale and brought it back to the Great Lakes ourselves... The boat has 5500 total hrs on it and we have just over 1000 hrs on it since our rebuild!!! In our opinion for the money you just can't beat em!!!

Steve