Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Walker

NorthWind 72 launched

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by Yacht News, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The Spanish company, Northwind yachts es. have launched their NW72 sailing sloop yacht. Here are some very brief statistical figures from the website:

A general discription of this vessel could include that she has a black hull and a grey deckhouse. The hull is adorned with an orange/red motif on the starboard-aft corner of the stern-somewhat similar to what you could find on the Wally s/y Tango-. The deckhouse is adorned with sweeping window, affording beautiful views. The mast and boom are black as well. Attached to the boom will be the main sail which will be in-boom furling type. For the forward sails, both the genoa and the stay sail will be hydraulically/automatically operated.

For more information and computer generated pics of this vessel, visit the yacht's website at:

http://www.northwindyachts.com
  2. ivan28

ivan28 New Member

any details about the price?

thanks,

ivan

3. Yacht News

I'm not sure of the price of this vessel, so I would not speculate without being absolutely sure.
    Welcome aboard Ivan
  4. Mov-it!

Mov-it! New Member

I think it will be less than a Nautor;)

I've taken a good look at the images and I mostly like the colour scheme. The rest lacks a little finess. I would be interested in the sail-plan, but it's not on their website.

I personally think that modern performance cruisers should have in-deck hydraulic furls. It helps performance and... it also looks better.
  5. Yacht News