Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for MotorCheck Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander

Nordhavn 72: Up In Flames

Discussion in 'Nordhavn Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 6, 2013.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Attached Files:

2. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Already posted under Nordhavn news
  3. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

This was somewhere else on YF earlier
  5. kkreicker1

kkreicker1 Senior Member

Thats to bad. I hope that they have the money to self insure or have good/great insurance.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They better hope they have great insurance. Self insure means where you pay to replace it out of your own pocket!!!!
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I really do hate it when I read, newer big boat, for sale & fire in the same story.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Fire Sale?
  9. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Sad thing is that for those cases it's 100% accidental and not related to sale status there will always be suspicion. Meanwhile, for those where it was set, proving so is extremely difficult.

Automobile arson is almost always able to be proved. House arson is able to be proved a small percentage of the time. Boat arson would fit somewhere between and historically was closer to house arson. On the other hand most marinas today have enough cameras between the marina and boats that boat arson has become much easier to prove.

Oh and the oddest case I ever ran across was a floundering manufacturing facility burned down and everyone instantly convinced that it was the owner since the amount of loss he was quoted as saying in the newspaper was so much more than seemed reasonable to believe. Probable cause seemed easy until it was discovered that he had no insurance so motive disappeared. Case dropped fairly quickly as due to the owner's history the police had little interest and still felt like he had still done it, just couldn't figure out why.