Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

No Limit Ships TransAtlantic Crossing

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by JWY, Aug 26, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Judy....Maybe I've overlooked it but I can't find details of the specific boat they're on and how it's equipped. I did find the general model information. I see the standard fuel capacity is 792 gallons. I would imagine bladders added or optional fuel tanks.

It will certainly be a very unique boat at the show. I'm assuming that previously they've made no deliveries to the US?
  3. JWY

JWY Senior Member

The particular yacht is not for sale. Four Seasons will be used as a demonstrator to show NLS quality and capabilities. Yes, it is the US debut and affirmative on the bladder tanks. I sea trailed one of their NLS in the North Sea last year, 30 knot winds, freezing cold, and even at 30 knots the ride was smooth as glass. NLS builds for Dutch Coast Guard, German Navy, and luxury yacht clients - one super cool yacht! One of those you have to see it to believe it. Hope you will.
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Even though it's not for sale, it would still be nice to see how it is set up for such a trip, the things done differently vs. the standard model of that boat. I recall you talking about it and the people they build for is an impressive list. They seem quite capable of a very seaworthy boat, but one that also can go faster when desired. It will be interesting to see show reaction and I think they're very smart to cross to the show because that's the hook to get attention. Steel will be a hard sell, but it's not a boat for everyone. It's a boat for someone who wants what it offers, a 50' boat able to safely go anywhere plus someone who would like to have something different and that no one else at their dock will have. I've caught up on their blog and will follow it.
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

6. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Smooth as glass in 30 knots? What was the wave height/sea conditions?
    Must be the perfect Bahamas boat, cross the Gulfstream in any weather.
    If it sounds too good to be true. :D
  7. JWY

JWY Senior Member

The No Limits Ships Four Seasons arrived in Ft. Lauderdale. The owner and his 2 brothers completed the transAtlantic crossing solo and are proud of a flawless trip from Holland on a 50 foot yacht. One of the brothers is a professional photographer so we had a photo shoot today with Norseman providing the photo platform from his Glacier Bay. Trip of a lifetime says the owner.