Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Walker

NMEA 2000 ? And issue

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by David Pickens, Feb 14, 2022.

1. David Pickens

David Pickens New Member

Will a device such as a rudder indicator for an autopilot show up on a NMEA device list even if it is broken and not working
    My Simrad RF25 rudder feedback shows up on my NMEA device list on my Garmin plotter but I get a fault on my Simrad AP28 that says Alarm Rudder Response Failure
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Well it depends how broken it is

rudder response failure is usually an issue with the pump not working and not moving the rudders. Check the manual to see how to test the pump and manually make it move the rudders
  3. David Pickens

David Pickens New Member

Thanks I never thought of that
    Will do first thing in the morning
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Simnet will not acknowledge or accept different N2K data lines from the same device ID. If you have N183, N2k and Simnet data coming to your AC box, all may be ignored.
    Do you have any AT10 converters on the system? Redundant data coming back to the Simnet buss?
    When you start mixing venders on N2K 95% of the time it works, 5% troubles are injected.
    Simrad says it's AT10 does not repeat data, oh WTF, it does.
    Don't know what data is repeated (re-injected) by Garmin. Not sure they know.

Just finished fixing my speed thru water issue, to my AC12, by removing the AC10 from my N183 buss. Wow, lots of issues quickly fixed.
    Also, in your AP/AC device list, what rudder feedback is selected.
    If the redundant data is ignored, No device (RF25) will be used at all..

So, there could be a quick set-up fix, or a few issues.

Simnet, N2K, SeaTalk 2, and what ever F(M)urno calls theirs, is not all plug and play.