Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by Eyez, May 30, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Eyez

Eyez New Member

I currently live in the Virgin Islands, and have been here for the past 2 years. I am going to be moving to the Ft. Lauderdale area and am very interested in working on a "super yacht." To my suprise, it seems most of these big boats are based there.
    I'm not looking to be a boat bum on one of these ships, I'm looking to begin a career in this industry. I'm looking to work on one of these boats that is owned by a corporation and used to entertain important clients, etc. My goal is to stay in the area (Florida, Caribbean) but have the financial backing of a big company behind this (salary, benefits, etc.)
    Is there a central resource I can look into to help me find out who owns these boats, or does anyone have any suggestions about what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance for your time.
  2. JHA

JHA Senior Member

Agencies

I haven't had much luck personally with the crew agancies, but you could give them a try. Ft. Lauderdale's season starts in Sept. and the boat show in Oct. is the time to be here networking.
    If you want some day-work from time to time you can PM me. I'm running two boats at the moment and could always use a hand in the engine room or with washdowns.