Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay

Newbie question

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Jim7, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Jim7

Jim7 New Member

I find myself looking at a 68 Roamer Riviera 37 with 1000 hours on the diesels and wonder is that reasonable, alot or barely broken in? What should I be looking at.
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Sighted: Small Battleship

The trail of broken plastic boats in her wake....,:rolleyes:
    But seriously, 1000hrs on diesels in a 37' should be just fine - provided they are strong enuff and taken care of.
    A good place to learn more about diesels is here:
    http://boatdiesel.com/index.cfm?&CFApp=19&RED=UN1158893093703
    Otherwise, we'll need more info (type of motors, steel or aluminum, etc) to provide useful guidance.
    Keep us posted, and good luck!
    - Eric
  3. Jim7

Jim7 New Member

Thanks for responding, I looked at the boat today and it is indeed forlorn. The engines are Perkins and a label at the helm indicates Cummins. i'm guessing the vessel has been repowered. All in all the boat looks pretty good but the hull needs to be stripped. Good news is that all the bits and pieces ar in place. My initial thought was, this is a big baby and that bottom is really flat. I signed up at diesel but for some reason it isn't getting me in so I'll wait a bit. I'm going to take a second look at the boat and I was wondering where is the hull info posted.
  4. Jim7

Jim7 New Member

I went back to have another look and take detailed notes and lo and behold the boat is off the listing, it is sold to the highest bidder.