Click for Mag Bay Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Cheoy Lee Click for CL Yachts

New to me 1999 Neptunus 62

Discussion in 'Neptunus Yacht' started by Swordfisherman, Jun 9, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Swordfisherman

Swordfisherman New Member

Hi Zud, did you get your boat already? Its been a while since i last visited the forum. I just had minor issues on my Neptunus 6009.
  2. Zud

Zud Senior Member

Not yet !!! Problems... Do tell !!!
  3. Swordfisherman

Oh just little ones. Searchlight didnt work , instrumentation lights, horn, bridge refrigirator, epirb , radar, worst of all and cost me most were watermaker and cruise air circuit board. Other than that, the engines run perfectly. I cruise at 23 knots at 2,000 rpms, top speed is almost 27 kts at 2,300.
  4. Swordfisherman

Jim how is your 55 doing?
  5. Zud

Zud Senior Member

SF Man

Obviously we are on completely different schedules but I’m glad you messaged me. I am interested in a boat still may be a few months to a year down the road. Pretty much sold on the Neptunus. Average fuel burn at different speeds ??? any costs that you didn’t count on ??

Thanks,

Zud
  6. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Yes Neptunus is still in going. They have three or four boats under construction.
    I live one mile from their plant.
    They splashed three boats last year.
    With the Canadian dollar being so low this will boost their orders.
    If you look under Marina & Wave Points and click on Welland Canal you will see a few of their slashes.
  7. Swordfisherman

I do not have flow meters but at 23 knots @ 2000 rpms my guesstimate is at about 10 liters per Nautical Mile on average 2-3 ft seas. I will be doing a 2 week cruise before easter. I will let you know
    once i get exact figures. I am also interested in the fuel burn at around 8 knots and 800 rpms. Because when the seas are calm i like to run at this speed and troll a bit. Oh I had issues with the props,
    they suffered severe pitting . I had them repaired and built up in the meantime, however i ordered a new set . I believe i will get better performance and fuel economy with the new props.
  8. Swordfisherman

Thanks for the info Rodger
  9. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Neptunus splashed a new 650 Express to day in Port Weller Harbor NEW 65' NEPTUNE'S 003.JPG NEW 65' NEPTUNE'S 005.JPG NEW 65' NEPTUNE'S 008.JPG NEW 65' NEPTUNE'S 011.JPG
  10. Zud

Zud Senior Member

Sure!!! Make me feel worse that I am now boatless. Although a new anything is beyond my means I'm still hoping for that 1999 to 2004 Neptunus Fly. Not sure I like the big round thing in the middle
  11. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I met with a woman representing Neptunus at the Palm Beach Show. Probably the rudest person I've met in our industry. When the people representing a company have a bad disposition to begin with, I'd hate to see what happens when you need warranty work. With the exception of the pics that Rodger uploads, Neptunus will never see coverage from YF again.
  12. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Based on one bad experience with one person?
  13. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I find that odd myself as well. I'd call the owners of the company. I've talked to the owner of Neptunus as well as the head engineers at the Lauderdale show and Palm Beach show. I've also called and emailed them many times over the years and have always gotten stellar customer service from them.
  14. YachtForums

Yes, it was enough for me to sound off. I don't know the new owners, but YF member "Neil" was their marketing and sales person for a number of years. Good guy. We also did a review for Neptunus. Good interior workmanship, although fairly chopped up floor plans. When the company closed, they owed us for about a year of advertising, but that's water under the bridge. When Neptunus returned to the market, they setup a US distributor who made several attempts to exploit YF. He was banned, which resulted in a pretty nasty phone call. After meeting this woman from Neptunus with the disposition of an untipped waitress, I have no interest in helping this builder.
  15. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I'd tend toward Capt J's solution myself, not to help them, but to make sure the owner was aware of your reasoning. I forget who or where, but there was a situation online where I contacted the owner of a company about how they were being represented and his employee refusing to follow rules. I don't know whether he really did anything about it, but it forced him to be aware. Good owners want to know. Bad owners hate having to deal with it and are angry, not over the behavior, but over them having to spend time on it.

I think a lot of boat builders could probably benefit from monitoring their dealers and distributors better. Some are great representatives, but others cause them a great deal of potential business. I would imagine you're not the only one the woman is rude too and I easily see potential customers moving on to the next builder at a show. You basically have 30 seconds at a show to make a good impression. Then you may be allowed more time to try to maintain it.
  16. Zud

Zud Senior Member

Well now i have to rethink my plan...That is the first BAD thing that I've heard about Neptunus. From all of the posts on here to at the couple shows that I have been to Not the greatest builder , not the worst and nary a bad thing to say...but now "the disposition of an untipped waitress"...you didn't go with, might have been having a bad day, her puppy just died, you went right to DUW, that's real bad. I hope that things work themselves out
  17. YachtForums

I grabbed Jan Willem De Jong's biz card at the PB Show. I was going to make a post on YF following the show, but had other priorities. I kept his card on my desk for about two weeks as a reminder, which was long enough to forget about it. When I saw Roger's latest pics, I thought long & hard before posting anything. Should I have kept quiet? Maybe. But that violates the very foundation of why forums exist; to inform others.

Many of our readers don't have the opportunity to meet with people behind the boats. All too often, boats are bought on spec & style without consideration of the company (and people) you're supporting. I've voiced my concern now, so my conscious is clear.
  18. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I think you should give Jan a call. He is a super nice guy and I'm sure he'd like to know about this lady and remedy the problem.

I've managed/maintained 3 of about 10 55' Cabrio's that they built. The 55' had a good 3 stateroom layout, the 63' FB does as well. I've run another 10 Neptunus over the years. I think some of their layout's do fall short. They're a very good sea boat and built well. I think some of their interior stuff can come across as a touch dated. But all in all they're good boats and I'd recommend them over something like an Azimut any day.
  19. Nep6012

Nep6012 New Member

Last summer I bought a 2000 Neptunus 60 directly from the factory. It was a boat that they took on trade. I am very pleased with both the quality of the boat and the service. Jan has been extremely helpful and always takes a phone call or responds to email questions.