Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger

new member intro

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by absys, May 12, 2006.

1. absys

absys New Member

Hi all,

I helped building few boats in my past and have quiet some storys about this from 1985 to now...

I am researching some boats i was involved in the construction,i will try to google it but has anybody another idea about how to find infos on boats only from the name of the vessel ? Is there a special yachtgoogle ?:confused:

I am now busy in Thailand with a small manufacturing plant able to do great things following your specs may be ! The main activity is outdoor furniture manufacturing and lately we do venting frames and window parts for boats...

I would be glad answering to pm if it is awaking interest and will now proceed on reading few threads of this very interesting forum, see you around, sail well

pascal:cool:
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Pascal and welcome to the YachtForums!

If you have the original name of a yacht, some of us have books where we can find the present name which will make them easier to find on Google. Just post the names you know here and we will help you if we find anything!

/Lars
  3. absys

absys New Member

Chryseis

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply, i just googled and found some infos and looks like i just found part of the actual story of the CHRYSEIS,this was a 3 mast fregate built by Mussolini for Count Ciano wich married his daugther, but the poor fellow got beheaded by Mussolini at end of the war,the vessel was then war tribute to France and like many boats carried loads of storys to now...

This boat is full of history and myself have great souvenirs as we were living on board in Fort Lauderdale back in 1985...

The Chryseis was part of the beginning of the CLUB MEDITERRANEE.
    The Beatles gave away some of their sails once to help it cruise away....

The boat seems to be located in Avertson Texas actually, it was transformed in a bed and breakfast and sank lately... Some people are looking to find more infos about this ship and i will contact them...

cheers