Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

New Lurssen Project out of the shed

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Natuzzi, Apr 10, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

This Photos just came up:

[Pictures with copyright deleted]

Anybody knows the name of the project?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I think she is 156m and to my surprise she is supposed to be the new "Dilbar"!! I really like what we can see so far..

I thought she is a Andrew Winch design, but from what I saw it also could be designed by Tim Heywood.
  3. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Just found out her project name is "Omar"

I like it a lot as well
  4. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

She's not bad looking but huge for sure. Will we see Dilbar on the maket soon?
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

She
    looks really nice for a yacht that large... and so well designed it is a bit hard to judge her dimensions.
  6. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I doubt they will put her offically on the brokerage market.
  7. German Yachting

It seems like her tender bays and crew quarters are pretty high up on her waterline. I know she's floating a lot higher than she will but all the lower windows and hatches seem really high.
  8. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

I tried to catch her in open today. I knew, she would go into the floating dock for further completion but the schedule of the local tide got me. She was gone already. Omar was transfered from the Lemwerder side into the floating dock late friday during high tide.

Here is my todays (marginal) catch:

Omar01.JPG
    Omar04.JPG
    Omar05.JPG Omar06.JPG
    She is sitting very high in the dock. Her draft of more than 6 meters seems to be very realistic. Her hull shape looks very similar to Topaz. I will get more pics, when she leaves the dock again.

At least I found the video of the transfer.

9. German Yachting

That video really shows how massive she is.
  10. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Indeed Ken. Really large... look at the men on the bow!
  11. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

As far as volume (GT) is concerned, project Omar is most likely the biggest yacht in the world at the moment. With a length of 157 meters, app. 20 meters of width and a loaded draft of 6,25 merters, 9 decks, combined with her pretty high block coefficient, one could estimate her enormous Gross Tonnage. But if you look closely at this viedeo, you will see how far this yacht is away from completion or even delivery. She will remain in that floating, completely enclosed dock, at least for one more year. To bad, I missed her.

And the drums are telling, that Luerssen is breeding two more even bigger boats at the moment.
  12. Ocean

Ocean Member

Really big "Yacht". But not the Biggest. As to the length "Azzam" is longer, and as for the Displacement I guess she has the same with the "Al Said" (Project Sunflower), probably less. Pointed out above Drought of 6,25 m looks rather doubtful to me. There is officially restricted limitation for such ships of 6,1 m in Drought since the most sea Ports has this depth limit. Concerning the exterior Design she has nothing common with "Dilbar" (Project Opal). Absolutely New Design and definitely not from Tim Heywood. Slightly reminds mixture of "Al Said" and "Topaz".
  13. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

6,1 or 6,25 meter, this half of a ft does not really make a difference. Maybe 6,25 meter is the "summer fresh water draft" :). She is suppost to be the biggest yacht in terms of volume (GT) not displacement or length.

Pimsoll line.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015