Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Burger

New Concept Sailing Rigs, Bi-Pod/AeroRig combo

Discussion in 'General Sailing Discussion' started by brian eiland, Jun 3, 2008.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

The original posting of these concept sketches did not provide for a place to add a comment so I started this thread. Here is that original posting:

Future Concept: 57m Super Sailing Yacht
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/future-yachts-concept-boats/9115-future-concept-57m-super-sailing-yacht.html
    I would define this rig concept as combination of the bi-pod rig concept and the Aerorig.

My interest was drawn to the subject as I've had a past involvement with 'unusual sailing rigs'. Hopefully Carl will not be too upset with my referencing another forum I participate in, as it contains considerable discussions on these alternative sailing rigs are are far too numerous to reprint here.

1) Procyon...a bold experiment
    2) Wishbone Mast Sailing Rig
    3) Aerorig
    4) Aftmast Rigs

Attached Files:

2. brian eiland

Help with Identity

WOW, I just rediscovered this subject thread I had started back a few years ago. I guess no one had an interest in any of this...or maybe it was just the timing?

I was looking thru some older material on one of my computers and found this photo that someone sent to me in the past. It was their experiment with my AftMast rig design.

But I can't find the correspondence that came with that photo?

Any help out there to ID this project?? ....I think it was a steel monohull

Attached Files:

3. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Would be very interesting to find out how that project worked out. Any other photos or just the one?
  4. brian eiland

Only that one....and no word back from the gentleman. For all I know he may have just left the project uncompleted.

I had some concerns about the manner it was rigged, but he never got back in touch to discuss them,....and I must have been heavily involved with something else at the time to have lost contact.
  5. brian eiland

6. brian eiland

Just had notification that that project is still in the works....
    ...from Boatdesign.net forum
    Quote:

So far the gentleman building that vessel has not replied, but the project appears to be on-going.