Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Westport

New Chris Craft Roamer 35' owner

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Mr. Doug, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Mr. Doug

Mr. Doug Guest

Hi everybody, Looking for some help, just purchased the boat. I think it's a 1966. Chris Craft 35' Roamer steel hull express ,half roof over helm. Have been looking around on different web sites but can't find it. Does anyone know where I would find VIN number. Looking for the right hull colors and striping combination, width and position. Was told it had two lincoln engines unfortunately the engine hatchs are frozen shut, don't know their condition 925hrs on clock. Looling for any pictures of 35' roamer Thanks Doug
  2. q240z

q240z New Member

Welcome aboard, Mr. Doug!

On my boat, the manufacturer's HIN was on the inside port engine stringer, but you couldn't see it until we'd sandblasted the interior spaces. There several guys with steel boats in your size range who can probably tell you exactly where to find it.

Please post pix of the boat!
  3. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Got it real cheap, eh? :)
  4. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

numbers

Hello
    I found a painted number on the hull of what could it could mean there is no hull number, because I know that my number is RXA 37-2055
    Erik
  5. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

Same place on my boat as q240z's boat. I hope you enjoy the project of the rebuild and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. You are on the right site to get advice.
  6. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

I found mine stamped on the frame of the starboard engine hatch. That's the only place I found it.
  7. Mr. Doug

Mr. Doug Guest

Hi, Finally got the rear hatch access door open,used alot of hot water. Found 3" of ice in rear of engine compartment, probably why theres ice on the floor of the cabin under steps.The back of the boat was open to the elements. Crawled around engines with flashlight didn't find any numbers ,stringers only have a light coat of gray paint, you can see the wood grain throught it. Exhaust manifolds off port engine look to be cracked and welded up, didn't see any cracks in block. Will have to wait until I can open engine hatchs ,still frozen shut. Two galvanized welded gas tanks , looked to be tank over top of steering arm across stern , tank must have had groove in the bottom of it. Have been tring to get a picture attached to my thread, not having much luck. how ever I got one picture attached to my profile, will change it once in a while . Thanks to everybody thats written back, my typing & computer skills are slow& limited (hunt and peck ). Will try to up date everyone on my thread. Doug
  8. numbers

On the horizontal engine hatch frame directly below the helm will be a small tin tag nailed on. Mine is RXP 1603 XX.
    Play with this for pics... its awesome!!
    http://tinypic.com/

[​IMG]
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

YachtsmanBill,

Please read our rules regarding hotlinked images. We do NOT allow it and there are some very good reasons for this. Any further posts containing linked images will be removed.
  10. Kiwipushrod

Kiwipushrod New Member

Hi Mr. Doug, I have found the HIN for a 67', 37' Riviera on a small metal plate attached to the starboard motor hatch itself.

To: yachtsmanbill. The pic You posted of the "Heart of Glass" Roamer, looks like a Roamer named "Heart of Glass" that I know of from the summer of 1982?, before the flybridge. It was kept at a small marina near Blue Island IL. on the Cal Sag channel to Lake Michigan. I don't remember the name of the marina but it was run by a guy named Merel. I always figured the boat was named that for the Blondie hit song that came out in 79'.

If You are the same owner, We have met. That boat started My intrest in Roamers so many years ago. Thank You for the pic, it has brought back some fond memories of that summer.

Thanks Kiwi
  11. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Nice Roamer

Can you post more photos of her? She's a beauty.
  12. My dad bought this in Sturgeon Bay in 1973! He died in 1980 and I ran her to Chicago. Put over 200 K into her over the years... notice the custom bullwarks! Shes right next to my 1974 65 Hatteras TC. SHHHH! We just started this a few weeks ago. C'mon by for some fun... its for ADULT boaters!!
    Bill yachtsman36@comcastdotnet
    [url]http://flybridge.proboards.com[/url]

Attached Files:

13. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Wow!

She's Camp!
  14. 61RoamrLORIKAY

61RoamrLORIKAY New Member

Eddycreek Marina & Resort, Eddyville, KY (Lake Bar
    Hey Doug,

1961 Roamer I'm going to try and show you two paint schemes we've had (family owned the boat since '61), I just got the new paint job this winter.

Lincoln block, 430's. 2200+hrs love 'em!

currently looking for some fuel pump and/or fuel pump parts...

I also had the hull vin etched into a wood stringer under the backdeck hatch which gives us access to the water tank, fuel tanks, mufflers, and generator, you might look there when you get the hatches freed.

Attached Files: