Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Westport

New Build: YachtPlus 40M

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by Yacht News, May 22, 2008.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The first of two initial orders of 40M yachts is set to be launched in the near future. The London based design firm, Foster and Partners fashioned the design for the two 40M luxury yachts a few years ago. Rodriquez Cantieri Navali is the yard engaged in the construction.

The first of the two yachts was sighted for delivery in mid-2007, however, it appears as though, she will be ready this year. The initial two yachts will be made in aluminium alloy with composite used for the superstructure and will be built at RCN’s high-tech luxury yacht division near La Spezia in Italy. The agreement includes an option for eight further yachts.

The yachts will be externally and internally styled by Foster and Partners, whose work on luxury hotels and residences will now be applied in this new context to revolutionize standards of exclusivity and comfort while still capturing the essence of nautical tradition.

While the yacht will have a conventional hull form and propulsion system, the overall styling is resolutely contemporary, with the strongest possible attention been paid to build quality, generous proportions for the on-board living space, spectacular outdoor terraces and stunning interplay between internal light and views from the vessel. The yacht will be finished to the highest custom built standard and will reflect in every way Foster & Partners’ world leading design capabilities.

For more information:
    http://www.rodriquez.it/corporate/old_news/42-01_febbraio_06.php

Yacht%20Plus%20image.jpg
    Rodriquez Cantieri Navali​
  2. Brian

Brian Senior Member

It's launched!

Attached Files:

3. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

What an unfortunate-looking vessel.
  4. Brian

Brian Senior Member

And they're building 9 more!
  5. hbyachtboy

hbyachtboy New Member

Yachtplus

I personally think that it is a very cool design and that the boat turned out great looking. It will be interesting to see how sea worthy she is.
  6. Brian

Brian Senior Member

7. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

I thought Foster's original design had a lot more glass.
  8. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

In terms of industrial design, it looks better on the Dustbuster than on a yacht.

JMHO.

Attached Files:

9. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

:D :D :D
  10. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

Always wondered how this passes the MCA requirements for bridge visibility. Seems to me there are two huge dead sectors.
  11. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Have you seen the coverage (on the other site) of the launch of the Ocean Emerald?
    It's not my cup of tea but looks to be finished very nicely.
    Maybe this should be under "What will yachts and yachting look like in 2015?"
  12. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I'd hope not!:rolleyes:
  13. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I cannot stand how she looks from bow on or bow quarter shot. She looks hideous. I like the aft deck arrangement and the interior, good minimal stuff.