Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

New American Megayacht Shipyard?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Fred Sands, Aug 23, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Fred Sands

Fred Sands New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new member but I have been following this forum for a long time.

I was wondering if any of you knows about [I've heard the rumor from a friend who heard it from a fried and so on...] the opening of a brand new megayacht shipyard in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Apparently, they are going to produce only huge boats using carbon-fiber composites and they already have the location locked-in at an old Navy Shipyard.

I'm interested because I live in California and would be willing to apply for an engineering job and work for a company like this.

Thanks,

FS
  2. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Let me be the first to welcome you to Yacht Forums, Fred.

I don't know of that SF yard that you mentioned, but someone here will be along shortly with the info.

That dot-com labor is going to be a tad expensive, though.
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The people behind this new shipyard is following YachtForums so when the time is right you will probably get the information you need here.

I donĀ“t think I am revealing any secrets if I say that the plans are to produce all sizes of yachts, including the largest in the world...:cool:
  4. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Hey, Fred.
    WELCOME to YachtForums!
    Arnie
    :)
  5. Francois

Francois New Member

Hi Fred .I am also new here and really their are some great folks here.Lots of knowledge and ready to help.
    I am a cabinet maker/marine carpenter and been in the industry for a long time now, have made lots of peoples dream come true and lots of referrences.I would be interested if anything comes up next year as I am now busy on a 80 ft powerboat .Thanks.

Francois