Click for Perko Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

New Airco

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by ddw1668, Nov 20, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ddw1668

ddw1668 Senior Member

Time to upgrade to all new AC's on a 1973 Matthews. Looking at the new Dometic Turbo units (one 16K and three 10K) versus Flagship Marine units of the same size with built in electric heat.

The boat is in Murrells Inlet, SC for the winter and the water temps are nearing 45 to 50 degrees and the reverse air is almost useless at that temp.

Any experience with these manufacturers or other rec's appreciated.
  2. Fireman431

Fireman431 Senior Member

No experience with Dometic turbos although I have heard good things about them. I run a MarineAir 12K and a Webasto 16K, both which work extremely well.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Dometic is the manufacturer for marine air and cruisair. The turbo unit's are good and the blowers move 40% more air than the previous non-turbo unit's. You're correct that reverse cycle heat won't work very well when water temps are so cold.

Dometic made a/c's are installed in almost every manufactured new boat around and parts are available everywhere. I've never heard of Flagship marine a/cs