Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Glendinning

| A&R | 67.9M | "AVIVA" | 2007 |

Discussion in 'Abeking & Rasmussen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 3, 2007.

1. 84far

84far Senior Member

hi ppls

is it just me or does the boat need to have a longer deck (plus a few meters on to that bow) or more of an aggressive sheer line to get away with the stem...? the superstructure just doesnt seem to suit it... comments? and go easy, im new here :)
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

3. 84far

84far Senior Member

thanks for the pic lars, the bow section looks more the part (personal thing). i love the straight stem, but only if the designer has gone nuts with the rest of the overall design.

far.;)
  4. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

After thinking about far's post, and seeing the other pic linked by Lars... I think far makes a good point. A straight stem out where the traditional bow's fo'c'sle is would make for a strikingly handsome yacht IMO.
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Speaking of "Aviva", is it just me or is it that Aviva is not regularly photographed. I hardly see new pics of her, anyone have any recent shots of her?
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Ron- AVIVA isn't snapped regularly as she not cruising on the beaten track.
  7. 84far

84far Senior Member

also guys a quick question, i am designing a boat around the same size as this one, question is, how wide should a side deck be? i was guessing around 1m? comments?
  8. PFJW

PFJW New Member

Sounds like a good guess.
  9. 84far

84far Senior Member

thanks PFJW, i had 1.5m but thought it was way to much and it was eating cabin space, and the looks of the boat. so 1 meter it is.

cheers :D
  10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I would be more inclined toward the 1.5m. As crew I think in terms of moving from here to there, but an owner might like to stroll with a honey or pass someone without both turning sideways.
  11. PFJW

PFJW New Member

I'd include 1.5m as being "around 1m".

It all depends on which deck, where the side deck goes, who will be using it, how much it will be used, how much interior volume you want...

Of course, if you have planform curvature in the hull/ bulwark sides and a straight-sided superstructure, the width of the side deck will vary along its length, so it depends on whereabouts you are measuring - maximum, minimum, average, etc.
  12. 84far

84far Senior Member

hi ppls
    its the main side deck, same level as the back deck. u see the hull is like a skiff, skinny till it hits the midships, then she gets fat as u move aft (so style very important), the deck ends at midships. main use of the deck will be moving fenders/spring lines (motor inlets and outlets location). max width that i can really make it is 1.35m, which i have done. the next 2 levels i have made 1.25m, so 2 ppl can take a walk side by side, 3 ppl will be pushing it. my main aim is not getting wedding cake syndrome. :eek:. ive just noticed that Aviva's main side deck looked pretty narrow. so i thought i would ask the question. i should start a new post with this as the topic. but it sounds like my question has been answered, thankyou

cheers :D
  13. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I just spotted this.

The Air Inlets to the E.R. are on the aft end of the house on the Upper deck and the outlets ( over pressure) are outboard on the Bridge Deck.

The forebody is narrow but once it gets to around midships the visible bits are pretty straight, there is no noticeable narrowing or widening as you go aft.
  14. trex251

trex251 New Member

Hi

Is that the ship are you talking about?
    enjoy the pics :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

No It isn't and this is what I wrote about below your post yesterday.

Your post from yesterday was moved by the Moderators to the correct thread for the boat in the pictures.

EVIVVA is built by Westport in the US not by Abeking and Rasmussen in Germany.
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

17. Yachtsman25

Yachtsman25 New Member

Here is Aviva, I used to work on her

Attached Files:

18. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

What did you do onboard this boat?
  19. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

...and hi, do you have any higher resolution photos of her? That is a nice photo of her off Dubai in front of the Atlantis Palms hotel! Welcome to YF.com Yachtsman25!
  20. Yachtsman25

Yachtsman25 New Member

I worked as a deckhand on her for 5 months. I have alot more pics of her but they are too big to upload. I will see what i can do, and thanks for the welcome.