Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck

Need spare parts delivered from the USA to Antibes

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by JordGoedhart, Jul 6, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JordGoedhart

JordGoedhart Guest

What shipping/courier services are the best to get your items delivered at a reasonable price?
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

That's funny.
    DHL is your best bet.
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Done it a few times. Someone jumps on a flight and carries the bloody part as hand luggage. Never gets lost, no Customs problems and some cheap whiskey as a bonus.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Uh, Ok, I can help.
    I never fly sober...
    What part do you need and from Florida, USA?
  5. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Not joking, my sister-in-law who worked for British Airways, got me a new Land-Rover engine through Customs as hand-luggage as air crew.

When I was a small schoolboy I managed to go through Customs with a new Ford Capri Coupe driver's door as a Christmas prezzie.:D
  6. JordGoedhart

JordGoedhart Guest

I used shop 2 ship . They consolidated all my spare parts into one package, and I saved quite a lot of money on the shipping costs. Way cheaper than sending separate packages through DHL. Fast delivery as well

Admin Edit: Link disabled
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
  7. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Sounds like you have it covered then.
  8. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Jordan,

Just wanted to say thank you for making the administrative aspect of my job easy. If you are going to pose as a 3rd party to promote or sell a product, you should consider using a domain address unrelated to the company you are trying to promote.

Your membership is being removed, but this thread will remain to warn others of how you operate.

Attached Files:

9. Lenny

Lenny Member

We are in the Balearic Islands trying to get various thing from the States. #1 Sent iPhone via US Overnight Mail - suppose to be Fedex. Stuck in Barcelona now for two weeks. Need replacement top for stovetop - nightmare to ship. Having someone hand carry it to us. Agree with above. Find someone to hand carry parts.
  10. Danvilletim

Danvilletim Senior Member

National Marine or Longbow Marine are both out of Ft Lauderdale and can get the part and ship them where ever. They take care of all the shipping , duties, etc.

We used Longbow a couple time last month to Staniels. Very convient but not cheap.