Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Furuno

MTU/DD Engine Display

Discussion in 'Engines' started by crackerD, Nov 22, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. crackerD

crackerD Member

One of mine has pretty bad sunburn and has become hard to read. Anyone have any luck getting them repaired?
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I haven't dealt with fixing one. We just bought new ones to replace the bad ones. Try Max Marine electronics in Pompano Beach,FL. I believe they fix MAN displays so perhaps they can fix that one.
  3. crackerD

crackerD Member

How much were the new ones? Mine are the black displays that say "Detroit Diesel" on the front with 6 buttons on the sides. If the replacements are some fancy colored LCD display I might be convinced to just replace!
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Has the display washed out or has the screen become oxidized (cloudy)?
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't remember, I think around $2500. Call a dealer and ask them. MTU does have a newer display, not sure if it's compatible or how much it costs. A dealer should be able to answer these questions.
  6. Cruz

Cruz Member

If you'd consider a preowned replacement, Strike Marine Salvage in Fort Lauderdale would be my first call. Sailorman, also in Fort Lauderdale would be my second.
  7. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Are the Detriot one's the same as the MTU? I think they are as they look identical. I have 4 good condition screens that I removed when I did my Repower. They were from 12v92 DDEC engines. Happy to sell you one at a great price or more than one of you want a spare if they will work for you.
  8. crackerD

crackerD Member

Thanks Dockmaster! My engines are 2005 MTU 12V2000M91. This was shortly after presumably buying DD, so my displays have DD written on them. Like this...https://www.locomotiveparts.net/news/5-detroit-parts#gallery7fd0881399-2

If these are the same as yours shoot me a price! In the meantime I do have a dealer quoting me on replacement.
  9. crackerD

crackerD Member

Display has been washed out.
  10. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Mine look slightly different. The buttons are smooth and not raised like in the picture you sent so might not work for you.
  11. Donzi 54

Donzi 54 Member

Call Sturdy Corp in NC at 800-721-3282. They are the manufacturer and they still repair them. I had a set redone last year.
  12. crackerD

crackerD Member

thanks Donzi 54. Sturdy can repair them for $750 each, and offers new covers for 25$ each.