Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport Click for Mulder

Monaco Yacht Show 2021

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Yacht News, Sep 22, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The 2021 edition of the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) has started and runs from today through to the 25th. Any show related news, photos, videos and other content can be posted in this thread.

Attached Files:

2. Yacht News

Here is an idea what will be happening over the couple days of the show -by way of live presentations-.

Attached Files:

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

We have the Delta 60 Open there, it is in the "Tabac" corner...

MYS 2021.jpg

D60 MYS.jpg
  4. Yacht News

Oceanco, Pininfarina, Lateral unveiled officially the Kairos concept at the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS). "Kairos is a remarkable Tomorrow’s Design yacht born out of a vision shared by three passionate, forward-thinking partners in Pininfarina, Lateral and Oceanco. It exemplifies how Oceanco is looking to the future through the integrated NXT approach to yacht design, tapping into the latest developments in technical and propulsion systems while also reflecting how our experience of living spaces is changing," comments Marcel Onkenhout, Oceanco’s CEO. "When owners see the Oceanco NXT endorsement on a yacht’s design, they know they can expect to enjoy a certain elevated standard of life onboard; one that is in tune with forward-thinking perspectives on sustainability and lifestyle." The e-Hybrid architecture permits extensive operation with no noise, lower vibrations and zero local emissions. The e-Hybrid system incorporates batteries as the primary means of energy delivery, permitting the varying power demands of hotel, propulsion and maneuvering loads to be seamlessly met. Diesel generators are provided for battery charging and high-speed cruising, selected free from the constraints of a conventional diesel electric and purely on the basis of efficiency and energy density.

Attached Files:

Pinstripe likes this.
  5. Yacht News

It seems that Meyer Werft....who is perhaps best known for building massive cruise ships has jumped into the superyacht ring (under Meyer Yachts name) with a design unveiled at the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS). "One 50" as it is called is a 150-meter fuel-cell and battery powered concept. Can they succeed? think we have seen what happened with Fincantieri Yachts, which is an offshoot from the Fincantieri commercial yard...that also happens to build cruise ships has only managed to successfully sell and build two superyachts...namely "Serene" and "Ocean Victory" so far in its existence. Can Meyer Yachts do any better? The One 50 is powered electrically by 25,000 kW permitting a top speed of 23-knots. As you can imagine the concept proposes massive volumes internally, 15,000 GT thanks to 20-meter beam at its widest point. Up to 44 guests can be slept aboard this superyacht.

Attached Files:

Pinstripe likes this.
  6. Yacht News

Superyacht Lineup

7. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Me and my familily are very familiar with the Meyer Werft (Yard). We had business with them for decades (only commercial ships, no cruise ships :)). I have known the senior boss and former owner Bernhard Meyer (now 73 years old and retired) personally for decades. But after his son has taken over a lot of things have changed, in the company, in the workforce and in the Area around the Yard and among their suppliers.

The Meyer Werft is at the moment, probably the best Cruise Ship builder in the world. They have developed a system of Components Prefabrication Manufacturing, which works perfectly and ensures timely delivery with calculable costs.

But this System, used in the Yard in Papenburg, will not work with regular Megayacht Building à la Luerssen. You could not build a high quality, filled, sanded and high gloss painted Gigayacht in the same shed, You would build Cruise Ships in or even simultaneously with a Cruise in the same dock. And if You reserve a dock for a 150 Meter Megayacht exclusivly, it will not be usable for Cruiseships for at least two years. Plus the Yards in Papenburg and Turku (FIN) are completely booked with cruiseships until 2026.

And I do not believe, this will be a real Megayacht Project. At first, this is most probably a trial baloon, in order to test the market. And second, that looks to me like one of those shared megayacht cruising projects, cruising with a limited number of passengers with megayacht amenities but with cruiseship technology and cruiseship quality in the background. But the propulsion and power generating system of this project really sounds very innovative.

I do not like and trust the son of Bernhard Meyer anymore. Within only a couple of years, he ruined the reputation of his father (his father even had to turn down an Order of Merit for his retirement from the Government) as an honest and tpical northern German business man by splitting the company into numerous subsidaries, changed the headquartes of those subsidaries to low tax countries, started a price war with the suppliers and last but not least started a really dirty war with the labor unions by trying to lower the payments signifficantly. He even tried to fire the active works council chairman, which is actually forbidden by our labor laws. Last think I heart was, he was trying to fire most of his permant blue collar workers and hire casual workers from low wage countries. I hope this will not be the industrial culture of my country in the future.

I am still proud to be an employer and I feel responsible for my emploees. If I would act like Mr. Meyer Junior, I could not look into the mirror in the morning.

May be in a few years time, I have to say: "The Meyer Werft was probably the best Cruise Ship builder in the world at the time of Bernhard Meyer!"

Jut my 2 (Euro) cents.

HTMO9
  8. Yacht News

Lurssen unveiled this climate -neutral concept design called 'Alice'...just before the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS). This design is sure to have people talking...for various reasons.

9. Yacht News

"Victorious" in Monaco seen preparing for the just-concluded show.

10. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

A few boats on anchor

Attached Files:

11. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Helicopter landing

Attached Files:

12. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Quantum Blue

Attached Files:

13. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Bold

Attached Files:

14. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Feadship "Viva"

Attached Files:

15. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Nobiskrug "Artefact"

Attached Files:

16. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

"Artefact" interior, owners office and one of the family cabins

Attached Files:

Pinstripe likes this.
  17. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

A few more of the interior, main saloon, dining table, owners cabin, quest cabin

Attached Files:

18. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Two more, that I liked

Attached Files:

Pinstripe likes this.
  19. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Artefact is a fine example of execution of a plan. Down to the carpet. I can appreciate the design, I would not sign off on it based on personal aesthetic, but the attention to making her exterior and interior blend is well done. Art and Science to be sure.
  20. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

BIG thanks to Natuzzi for taking us to the Monaco show! Artifact is such an interesting relic. Giorgio Tsoukalos approved?