Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Monaco Yacht Show 2006..

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by AMG, Sep 4, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

MYS is just around the corner, anyone here who will visit the exhibition?

(This was posted by Chicism but due to a double post accidently deleted by me..)
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, I will go there...:)

It seems as the tents are already coming up as you can see on this picture from tonight...

Attached Files:

3. chicism

chicism New Member

I asked for the show and they told me there wall all booked. :)
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Build Ports, not Yachts..!

I will post some pictures from the show in this thread as soon as I have them sorted out, but I can give a few impressions already here.

We were lucky with the weather this year, with sun and calm seas. Many regular yachts from the port and also visitors were anchored outside Monaco for the whole week. I think I have never seen so many boats there and if the weather had been worse, it should have been busy in the bay of Villefranche around the corner, since mooring for yachts in this area has become a real problem.

We like to see them built and sold, but where should they go? In high season the captains are fighting to get a slip and can often just stay one or two nights before he has to move the yacht. This was widely discussed during the show.

The show was bigger and more busy than ever, especially the poor brokers were running around to not miss any opportunity and well dressed as usual they didn´t feel as comfortable as me in my short-pants and piké-shirt in the heat...:)

Still there are more Shipyard than Brokerage yachts in MYS and the brokerage boats that are seriously up for sale were already on their way to the Fort Lauderdale show, where such sales more often take place.

We missed the Triple Seven, but otherwise I think all expected yachts were there. The Swan 130´ came in a day late but won many admirers I guess.

I´ll post her among some other pictures next...

/Lars

Attached Files:

5. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Beautiful shot Lars!
  6. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Kelly, for the yachtspotters I have zoomed in a little on Annaliesse and Alysia. First time I have seen these two 85 meter charter yachts together...:)

Attached Files:

7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Starting with the sailing yachts...

When you are close, you really understand the size of these two giants, Maltese Falcon and Mirabella V. MF is the longest, MV has the tallest mast, and actually a higher hull or she is just floating higher with her lightweight construction..?

Attached Files:

8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here are the Swan 130 and another beauty, Santa Maria from Perini Navi.

Attached Files:

9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Y3K is the center-cockpit 94´Wally, Shaka and Tango are Wally 80-footers. Shaka with a canting keel, Tango with a fixed and the wide central skylight. Next to them were the 70´WallyPower Open...

Attached Files:

10. snorro

snorro New Member

We've been there on 15 Sept. There where lots of building activities. Some pictures from the harbor.

Attached Files:

11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Snorro,

The boats on your pictures then left before the show, most to nearby anchorages, like The One (ex Carinthia VI) that could be seen in the bay east of St Jean Cap Ferrat during the MYS.

Attached Files:

12. snorro

snorro New Member

Same day at the shore

Attached Files:

13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Continuing with the motor yachts, here is the WallyPower 47 (and a WallyTender) in front of Arcadia, the good looking masterpiece from Royal Huisman.

Attached Files:

14. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Laurel from Delta is another yacht you need to see in reality to understand how big she is, here from the impressive bow and also from the stern with the beach or veranda that folds out. Unfortunately for the crew, it also hits the water which means cleaning...

I missed however to take a picture in the Delta stand where the real beauty was, I didn´t even get her name....:eek:

Attached Files:

15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The real showstopper (besides Maltese Falcon) was this "X-stream" 73 m Concept model from Feadship and de Voogt Naval Architects. They were x-streamely proud of it as well and with all rights!:)

The pods were electric and the props on shafts was supposed to take over with dieselpower for higher speeds, I think they said 12/24 knots as the general idea.

(sorry about the picture quality, she was rotating in a round plastic cover...)

Attached Files:

16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

In the Dutch corner was (as usual) Moonen Shipyards, this year with the new 114´Explorer "My Issue". At 290 tonnes their biggest achievement so far and as expected she seemed to be a top quality construction. Design René van der Velden.

Attached Files:

17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Another superyacht of sensible proportions is the 117´Arcadia from Royal Huisman. Designed by Tony Castro, she is a true classic beauty. The stern anchor is an art of engineering like everything from this excellent Dutch shipyard.

Attached Files:

18. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here comes a number of yachts without comments, I am sure many of you know them anyway...;)

Attached Files:

19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

And another four:

Attached Files:

20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

And to round it up for this time, a garage....:cool:

Attached Files: