Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander

Missing marques?

Discussion in 'General Sport-Yacht Discussion' started by KCook, Dec 14, 2005.

1. KCook

KCook Senior Member

(Nothing like having your own private forum! :rolleyes: )

If "sport yacht" translates to zoomy yacht with abbreviated superstructure and no flybridge, then we have a great many MIAs -

AB Yachts
    Aicon
    Alfamarine
    Atlantis
    BAIA
    Cantieri di Pisa
    Cantieri di Sarnico
    Couach
    Cranchi
    Dalla Pieta
    Gobbi
    Leopard
    Magnum
    Mangusta
    Neptunus
    OTAM
    Princess
    Raffaelli
    Rizzardi
    Sealine
    Sessa
    Technomar
    Windy

Kelly Cook
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for filling in the blanks. ;)

We have each of these builders in the database, but for one reason or the other, they have not been included (yet). Let me explain...

We HAVE included the more popular sport yacht builders because of the sheer number of owners. In some cases, a couple of the builders on your list should be in the motoryacht category (even though they produce express yachts). For example, Aicon and Neptunus. I believe both of these builders will joining us soon and a forum will be set-up for them under motoryachts.

With regards to the other builders on the list, I have tried (for 3 years) to obtain information from each of them. I have called, e-mailed, met with them at boat shows, etc... yet we have not recieved so much as a return phone call, none-the-less a press release. Because of this, it just didn't make sense to set-up forums for them.
  3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Righton about Aicon and Neptunus being more flybridge than sport yacht. Ditto Couach, Princess, and Sealine. Pity vee get no help from Cranchi, Princess, Sealine, and Windy. Those all sell a fair number of boats (in Europe anyhoo) in the "affordable" category.

Kelly