Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Miami Herald moving to Bertram Yacht

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Loren Schweizer, Sep 28, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Apparently, they are within a few pen strokes of sharing space with the TV production of the Magic City series. 700 employees plus the printing process might not leave a whole lot of room to build boats there, but no mention of this in the Herald or Sun Sentinel stories.

Oddly, when the place (the first building) was originally built over fifty years ago, the lenders specified that the site could easily be converted to a frozen foods warehouse in case the new-fangled idea of building plastic boats didn't work out.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I wonder for how long the printing of papers will work out..?
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I read an article in the Sun Sentinel actually that a developer was planning on building a huge vegas-style hotel where the Miami Herald Building is if the city approves the plans (which would make sense as the Miami Heat Arena is a block away) and the Miami Herald Building sits directly on Biscayne Bay.

I thought I read on here that Bertram has only 2 years at their current facility as the buildings been sold
  4. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

That's correct, the new owners are the ones doing the deal with the herald.