Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Walker

MDesign Yachts

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by MOORHOUSE, Nov 28, 2005.

1. MOORHOUSE

MOORHOUSE Guest

Hope to show you some of my designs in the future, but here's a little about me first.

I'm Ben Moorhouse and I live in England. I currently study Graphic Design, Product Design and ICT at an A2 level and hope to go to university to study Product Design next year. I am new to the forum, although I have looked around here for a while now.

Now about the yachts. I have always had a passion for yacht design. Some of my current favourites are Feadship for their timeless designs, and some of the more modern motor yachts like the Wallypower and Sunseeker ranges.

Hope you all enjoy looking at my future designs, and that you pass on constructive criticisms and compliments as you feel necessary.

Thanks

Ben
  2. MOORHOUSE

MOORHOUSE Guest

M170 "Silver Mist"

This is the first of what I hope will be many yachts that I showcase here.

I envisage this yacht being around 170' long with lots of outdoor space. The design theme is an evolution of the generic Feadship look, but I hope to have given it a somewhat sleeker profile.

Rendering techniques used are of cause the ones used by Lars Modin, but help with the design itself was kindly given by techmati at many stages during design.

Thank you for taking a look at my design work.

Attached Files:

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Welcome onboard Ben!

Looks good! Not much to say, but if you add some more details (like antennas of all kinds) and it will look even better...:)

By making this kind of pretty traditional yachts, and also try to make some deck plans, you can later on develop more avantgarde designs. Those who is doing it the other way around are often missing the idea of how a good yacht should be planned and used.

Looking forward to the next one!

/Lars
  4. MOORHOUSE

MOORHOUSE Guest

Lars,
    Firstly thanks for taking a look at this and giving me some pointers.

I have started to add some more details, and plan to do some deck plans also. Like you said, it proves how good a yacht design really is. After looking at the side profile I have had to make some slight adjustments to make the design work from other views.

Main one was the area in front of the bridge. I had to push the bridge back, so there is enough room for a walk-way infront as in the version shown here it could quite easily be mistaken to not have a walkway.

Don't have much planned tomorrow so I will get some more work done.

-Ben
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

When you come to deck plans, there are many safety rules today, and you should also think of guest/crew separation. Normally you make stairways forward, connecting the crew areas and maybe an elevator and stairs in the center for the guests.

Also think of sound shields, like bathrooms between cabins and between cabins and engine room. And alternative escape routes in case of fire or flooding. And so on. It is a puzzle, but very rewarding when you manage to get it all together. I use to say that, - a good design makes a happy yacht!

/L