Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno

McKinna 62 Express Info Needed

Discussion in 'McKinna Yacht' started by JOE P, Jun 17, 2020.

1. JOE P

JOE P New Member

I would like any info on the McKinna 62 Express, the good, the bad, the ugly. Interesting in buying but don't know much about them.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I'm not an express fan, but the McKinna 62 is an exception. It's an express with a raised main deck. Not quite the vantage point of a flybridge boat; more like a raised pilothouse. I always thought the McKinna stood out in the express segment. The joinery and interior work rival more expensive boats and it has a dedicated cockpit for casting. CaptJ ran one of these boats and commented about the steep stairs to access lower accommodations. Not a deal breaker for me, but could be a bone breaker. The layouts of Garret Martin's boats generally favor function over style, unlike the typical express buyer 'seeking' to make a statement.

Attached Files:

3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I managed one for a short while and managed and ran a 62' Flybridge for a long while. It was stretched from a 57' I think it was, the cockpit looks very out of place proportionally from the dock, the stairs going down to the staterooms is extremely steep. You cannot change any of the air handlers without getting a marine carpenter to cut access panels big enough to remove them. Boat rides ok, the Flybridge was wet, never ran the express in the ocean. Over complicated fuel and electrical system, build was ok.