Click for Perko Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Westport

Max weight of a Carver 440?

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by hopper5, Feb 27, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hopper5

hopper5 Member

I just had my 1994 440 hauled out for cutlass bearings ......another story with an intermediate strut that was about 1/2" off center ......evidently installed that way from the factory.........but my concern was the weight...no water in the tank and about 350 gallons of diesel and she weighed 36,000 lbs.......sounds heavy to me......does anyone else have any weights from haul outs ?? Thanks in advance.......
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hopper,

If you will use more descriptive titles, you will not only get a better response, but the threads will be better indexed in Search Engines, resulting in more feedback to your posts. I have edited a couple of your thread titles for this reason. I'll ask that you do the same.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

4. RB480

RB480 Senior Member

You're right on the money, Carver shows weight in their specs a lot lighter than the boat actually is. Most of the time when the list the weight they list it with the smallest (gas) engine option.

32,000 is probably the weight of your boat with 502 Crusaders and pretty empty otherwise.
  5. Capt Mitch

Capt Mitch New Member

I have a 95 440 Aft with 502 crusaders and the factory owners manual says 32,000. I'm pretty sure it's dry weight.