Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Perko

Marlow Explorer Captain with USCG 500 Oceans available soon

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Swamp fox, Mar 21, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

After 6+ years of working on the same vessel, the owners have decided to get out of yachting. I work on an 80' Marlow Explorer out of Sarasota, FL and will be looking for work when the boat sells. I'm not looking to leave the west coast of Florida, but will move if I have to.

The boat should sell within the next 6-12 months, at that time I will be needing a new job. (It would be ideal if the new owners were local and needed a captain.) I have experience from Maine to the Florida Panhandle. If anyone is interested in learing more about me, I'd be happy to send you my resume. Send me a PM for more information.

Thanks,

John
  2. 3 phase

3 phase New Member

Yacht Captain

Hi,

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 70 Marlow and would be interested in a full time Captain. Let me know a little about yourself and experience and we can talk. I need to know some basic requirements tr start, like pay requirments, etc.

Thanks in advance,
  3. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

Sent an email to you.

Thanks,

John
  4. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

Wanted to bump this back to new posts. I've since upgraded to a 1600 ton Oceans, and the boat is still for sale. (Its in the show this week.) I am still looking for a job; I'm looking for a private motoryacht from 70-130' in length, and I am not opposed to moving for a new job.
  5. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

...bump again
  6. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

Well, anyone ever been to Ft. Lauderdale Trawlerfest? Planning on taking the boat over there for the show....And I'm still looking for a job if anyone is interested.

Thanks.
  7. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

So, did the boat sell yet? If not, will it/you be in Miami this week? Any luck on the job front?
  8. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

Hi Tom,

The boat was in the Lauderdale area for the Miami show, and will stay in the area until it sells. I'm still looking after it part-time until it sells.

I just took a job on a 103' Cheoy Lee out of Lauderdale. Hopefully the job work out great. Seems to be ok so far, just got back from the Bahamas the other day.

Thanks.
  9. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I'm curious how you got the sea time to upgrade to 1600 tons oceans while working full time for 6 years on a 80 footer. Could you PM details of that to me?
    Thank you.
  10. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

PM sent.
  11. Swamp fox

Swamp fox Member

So, here I am again. I've been doing some extensive traveling on the current yacht I'm on, but possibly looking for something with not quite as much travel. At present, I am in the Caribbean. Ideally I would find a yacht based from Palm Beach to Ft. Lauderdale, from 70-130' in length. If anyone is looking for a long term Captain, PM me.