Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Comfort Click for Westport

| Mariotti | 164M | "Fulk Al Salamah" | 2016 |

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by mediterannean, Oct 26, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mediterannean

mediterannean Member

A couple of hours ago I have seen a picture on the net of a vessel transported to Mariotti Yard and supposed to be 150m+ Yacht project .

Interestingly ,One of the comments to that picture was quoting an Italian source saying the project is actually of 200m..

Any one knowing more about?
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Never heard of it until today. Regardless, it is large!
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

This is a video of it I have seen...

4. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Is very large, very middle-eastern with that block-of-flats look, not very interesting. It remainds me of Al Salamah.
  5. mediterannean

mediterannean Member

It seems Italian Yards are coming strong on the 100m+ market.

So far it was Fincantieri Yachts, now Benetti with 2 contracts of 100m+ and this one of Mariotti gives really a good position
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Yup, I see Al Salamah as the inspiration of the design. As she was just sold recently, perhaps she is a replacement.
  7. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

At that size, why not just go to a cruise ship? There are cruise ships starting about 260', cruise at 20+ knots.
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

And at a fraction of the cost
  9. RER

RER Senior Member

...nothing wrong with getting a few hundred million out of the royal bank account and into circulation.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

What is the background of Mariotti yachts? I think they were involved the the Admiral Marotti 54m "Sea Force One" and "Rahil"..but a part from that? Quite an ambitious project.
  11. leeky

leeky Senior Member

I suspect the answer to that question is similar to the reason you have a Maserati and your wife has a Porsche.;)
  12. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I didn't mean take a cruise on a cruise ship. I meant buy one....use a basic cruise ship hull and frame and make it into a personal yacht. They are proven hull designs.

And I won't claim that our cars or boats would make sense to truly sane people. But then if boating depended on people always using logic rather than emotion the industry would die quickly.
  13. leeky

leeky Senior Member

See, you did know the answer to your question:
    olderboater said:
    At that size, why not just go to a cruise ship? There are cruise ships starting about 260', cruise at 20+ knots.
  14. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

Some of us may be familiar with Seabourn or maybe even the not so far past ‘Yachts of Seabourn’. Travel + Leisure & Condé Nast Traveler consistently name Seabourn the “World's Best Small-Ship Cruise Line”.

And here is where the delineation between yacht and ship begin to blur. Yes, these are clearly ships. And, Seabourn worked hard to intimate the experience of a yachting adventure as opposed to cruise-bus, but these vessel are ships.

Seabourn’s two older vessels Spirit and Legend measure 134m and 10,000gt. The three newer ships Odyssey, Sojourn, & Quest measure 198m and 32,000gt.

Our subject herein is a direct sibling of the Odyssey, Sojourn and the Quest. Conceived at the CIMOLAI-Mariotti yard in San Giorgio di Nogaro, Italy. Passed through the Port of Chioggia, then on to the Old Port of Genova and the T.Mariotti shipyard for completion and delivery.

As for the size of this new-born? The video is shot in Chioggia. On that particular pier (quay), the distance between the fore and aft mooring bollards is 190m. I don’t know how far forward of the point bollard this ship extends. However, I will venture to write that this is a vessel of greater length than 170m.

Below: Seabourn Odyssey & Seabourn Quest in-build at CIMOLAI-Mariotti, in San Giorgio di Nogaro, Italy - before transfer to T.Mariotti in Genova.

Seabourn Odyssey in-build CIMOLAI Yard S. Giorgio di Nogaro.jpg Seabourn Quest in-build CIMOLAI Yard S. Giorgio di Nogaro.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  15. FeBo

FeBo New Member

16. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I would think she has a volume a lot greater than 11,000 gross tons. That is quite the large hatch opening.
  17. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

I do not think it is the same vessel
  18. FeBo

FeBo New Member

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  19. AffrayedKnot

For more reference:
    Photo 1 - the vessel along port is the MAR 1 - Mariotti's pontoon barge @ 89.95m
    Photo 2 - Rimorchiatori's ADS Tug Spagna @ 24m

Mariotti MAR 1.jpg

Mariotti Oman - SPAGNA ASD.jpg
  20. AffrayedKnot

FeBo had posted a Bing aerial photo of the Mariotti quay.
    It was retracted very shortly after post.
    However it served as another good reference.
    I have re-posted a similar photo.
    The quay is 265m in length.
    Seabourn Quest... same LOA as her raw state above (#14)... 198m

Mariotti Quay & Quest.jpg