Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for MotorCheck Click for Abeking

Marine Sealant in Beige or Off White?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by DOCKMASTER, Aug 28, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Anyone know of a good marine sealant you can get in off white or beige? I need to seal the fuel tank cover plate in the floor of my 21’ Boston Whaler. The almond color silicones you can get at Home Depot are a good color match but I would prefer to use a marine sealant and stay away from silicone. I also don’t want to use 5200 in case I have to remove this thing again. The cover is 82” long by 22” wide and sits right in the middle of the floor so the sealant will be very visible. I had to remove it as after 43 years the fuel tank finally gave out and developed a leak.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Life seal has an off white or almond like color.
  3. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

I can only find lifeseal in white, black or clear. Where does one but it in off white or almond?
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

West Marine- Manufacturer is BoatLife- the Life-calk (comes in a teak color but I don't like the way this product spreads.
    BOATLIFE Life-Calk® Sealant | West Marine
    Oddly enough boat life lists it in a mahoghany color on their website

On Boat life's website for life-seal they list a Cameo color(I much prefer this product over life-calk as it spreads easy after you caulk it with a wet fingertip. I use life seal for everything, unless 5200 is needed
    BoatLIFE Life Seal Sealant - 10.6 fl oz Cartridge | BoatLIFE
  5. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Thanks J, I’ll order a tube of the Cameo and see how it looks.