Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Burger

March Pump Issue...AC Pump tripping breaker.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by PSW, Mar 20, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PSW

PSW Member

The dock at my marina is very sensitive to ground faults and today out of no where the March pump on my Cabo quit working. When on shore power it instantly trips the breaker at the dock. Instantly when switch on. With the Generator it won't trip but it doesn't pump any water so something is going on. When I disconnect the pump and turn on shore power no issues with breakers. So the pump has something that is causing an issue internally. Should I investigate further or is it pretty strait forward.... order a new pump? From what I have read March is a good pump. After just a few months of owning the boat I have not had time to render an opinion so looking for some input from the wise members here on YF.

Thanks.
  2. Jonza

Jonza New Member

Can You take it apart or is it glued/welded? Pumps are generally (note. I said generally..) quite easy to get working with a little TLC.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

First take the 6+ screws off of the front cover plate of the pump (shut seacock first) and take the front plate off and see if it will turn, sometimes debris gets in the magnetic drive and jams it up. If you don't want to mess with it, just replace the pump, they're pretty reasonable and longest lasting a/c pump for your size vessel BY FAR. If it's origional I'd replace it.
  4. PSW

PSW Member

Thanks Capt J. I ordered a new OEM replacement pump this morning from Starmarinedepot. Good price and it was original. Once new pump is operational we can tinker with old pump and hopefully fix it and have as a backup.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

If it's 10 years old, good luck with that....LOLOLOL......