Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta

Magic Moriah, one of our favorite spots in the Bahamas

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Pascal, Jan 5, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Took this footage yesterday. Moriah Harbour national Park, off georgetown great Exuma is a real gem. Very few boats anchor there since there can be a bit of surge. It’s best when wind is light or shifting SE thru NW. no less than 10’ MLW and the few coral heads are easy to avoid

rtrafford likes this.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

That was super fine.
    Thx
  3. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Hope you didn't let the cat out of the bag. My goodness, compared the the 32- 35 degree F solid rain mixed with snow I have been in over the last week that looks a bit of alright!
    Cheers!
  4. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

Beautiful!!
  5. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Normally, I'm more than happy with my backyard Med anchorages, but I must admit that seeing what yours look like in January made be a bit envious! What sort of water temperature are you having?
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Exumas today 78 degrees F. Same in Fort Lauderdale.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Warm enough to jump in and stay as long as you want :)

the Exumas are all about the water, the color, the sandbars, the beaches and the privacy. Very flat with none of the elevation and cliffs and hills you get in the med. highest point is like 100’. Very few land based activities... a handful of restaurants... poor service overall. Awful provisioning, we fill up our freezers with meat and seafood before leaving. Went to the market today in Georgetown, the “capital” of the Exumas and no carrots, no cauliflower, no broccoli, no fruits, no tomatoes!!!

as you can see even at the peak of the season we were the only boat anchored there. And only 280nm from Miami.
  8. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Well, when it comes to having a swim in the ocean, you'll forgive me if I'm only a bit envious of the former and not at all of the latter, no matter how warm the water... :D