Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

Lurssen yacht MIPOS

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by yachtbroker007, Oct 7, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. yachtbroker007

yachtbroker007 New Member

what does anyone know about this 457 foot yacht ?
  2. Crewagency

Crewagency Guest

Mipos question

Hi yachtbroker007

Mipos was only the Project name now it is called Al Salamah and i think still under the Top 5 of Megayachts. I know the Captain and also the Arabian owner.
    I am not able to provide pictures of the interior but it is first class and used as private yacht and also for business meetings and the home berth is normally a military harbour in the persian gulf.
  3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

That is enormous!

Kelly Cook
  4. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

5. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

Mipos

As Crewagency already mentioned MIPOS was the project name for Al Salamah at HDW. MIPOS stands for “Mission Impossible” (not as mentioned under ************ "Mission Possible") in respect of the size of the yacht and the time from contract to delivery. HDW managed it!

From my point of view she is still the larges yacht in the world. Look at the Measuring (12.400 BRT) and the Width (23,50 m). Ranking the size of a ship only taking Loa is not the right way. Normally you have to take BRT or Displacement to rank the size of ships. The Displacement is not always available but BRT should, look at IMO. So please Carl make the right ranking at Yachtforums!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  6. Ben

Ben Senior Member

I read that 18 or 24 months was the time frame imposed for the yacht.
    Can someone tell me if that was from design to delivery, or just for the construction phase?

I can't think of anything worse than deciding to have a yacht built, then having to wait up to five years for it (design, construction, fitting, trials, etc).
  7. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

Great Link, great Data

Dear paola_ita,
    Great link, great data. On that level Carl should be able to upgrade the tech-info of the single ships and to make a real ranking and to collect better information, then all other info-places.

I think the time from contract to delivery was in the case of Al Salamah about 27 month. Contract to production start 6 month, production start to keel laying 6 month and the rest you can watch under GL-Register.

For a large yacht with a hull with fillers you need about 36 month from contract to delivery in respect to the very time consuming filler- and painting-process.

Cheers

Bernd
  8. Ben

Ben Senior Member

Thanks Bernd. :)