Click for Northern Lights Click for Delta Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for MotorCheck

| Lurssen | 86.55M | "EYE" ex. "ACE"/Project ROCKY | 2012/18/23 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, Mar 2, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

At this stage your guess is as good as mine in regard to this, I have asked a few others but not got anything more than I heard already
  2. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

As you may know, I just hope that she ends up on the market. That's always when all the good info about a yacht gets released.
  3. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Not always germanyachting, I think she has already been sold when she was project 'Flash' and became project 'Rocky' and no infos were released..
    Ok she was under construction at this time but you do not always get information about yachts which are for sale shortly after their delivery. Examples are Ice or Radiant.
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

All kinds of things happen. Deals fall through at the last minute, decisions change. Look what happened to the Benetti that was to be "Amnesia IV". She launched as "Nataly" didn't she?
  5. German Yachting

First off, project names change without ownership change. Second, both those scenarios are different issues with the sale of the yacht. In the case of Ice, the owner had an offer that he could not refuse and took it. Radiant was similar but ended up being brokered by some agency (can't remember off the top of my head). Basically the same thing as throwing Pelorus and Rising Sun in there. These yacht's were not really on the market. They had an offer made to them and the owners accepted it. What I am referring to is if the project goes far south enough with the financing aspect and there is no immediate buyer, it is possible that she will enter the market like many other yachts out there. Please, get your facts straight. Your counter argument does not even have any basis as the conditions of the sale are outlined correctly in my post, not yours.
  6. German Yachting

I thought she was sold last minute, not necessarily a deal falling through. I was under the impression that the owner of the Amnesia series likes to have a yacht in build and, who knows, maybe the owner has something else out there.
  7. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Germanyachting, keep cool.
    If you felt attacked I am really sorry for that it was not my intention!!

However lets stop this discusion until we have more reliable information.
  8. Yacht News

9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It is rare for a project under construction to change names even if the beneficial Owner changes.

Look at the last couple of Nobiskrug deliveries as examples of this
  10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

'Ace' left Rendsburg today and was on the Weser river...
  11. Yacht News

left as in towards what? on delivery cruise? What flag is she flying from the stern pole?
  12. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Ehm her AIS signal was turned off near Bremen, so I guess she heads to Lürssen Aumund or Lemwerder...
    She had the German flag - no delivery.
  13. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Dunno why the AIS is off but have heard she has vibration issues and is now too heavy to haul in Rendsburg
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Ahh yes they can only lift ca. 1750tons and Ace has over 2000tons, thanks K1W1.
    That means work still goes on...
  15. Yacht News

16. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yea she is.

... I am shure the yard agrees with you. ;)
  17. Yacht News

I am serious Milow! Sometimes, the very good looking boats experience difficulties in all forms and take so long to deliver to their owners. It is only after then that they could be properly photographed when they turn up at different destinations. Funny thing is, the bland and ugly boats launch and deliver in less than a month..lol.
  18. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yea I understood you, just kidding
    You are right yachts like 'Ace'should not lie around in Rendsburg, Bremen or Hamburg! (Do not wanna say that these places are not nice)
    But they have to anchor in the clear blue of Monaco or St. Barth!

The best example is Eclipse.
  19. Yacht News

Barbados has clear blue as well...so, "ACE" I hope your listening, 2012/13 winter season. I'm waiting! :)
  20. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Lol Ron!
    It seems that Ace is being completed at the newly aquired Roland Werf yard of Lürssen...