Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport

| Lürssen | 180.00M | "AZZAM" ex Project 'Azzam' |2013 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, May 24, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Yes, I did read your post.

Is this your boat?

Why are you acting like an expectant father?
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

....... funny
  3. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

New pictures

Lürssen has published some high resolution pictures of Azzam and Solandge on their website. Some of them are really dramatic. Especially the high speed pictures of Azzam are great.
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yeah the close-up of her jets is magnificent... pure power! :)

I hope they will add interior photos of "Solandge" though.
  5. Yacht News

Saw this on twitter this morning...

6. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Perhaps she is stretching her legs after being docked at the yard for quite a few months..;)

Seriously if I did not know it better, I would say she is doing sea trials. This is just how it appears to me, but I do not want to spread any rumors here.

I doubt the supposed target port as stated by MT, Schilling Anchorage, Alaska is correct though.
  7. Yacht News

it may be just to throw people off.
  8. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

So she is heading back to Lürssen Aumund at the moment.
  9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

And she is out for another run of sea trials. I can not make head nor tail of this.. I mean launched nearly one year ago, delivered in October and still at the yard doing sea trials from time to time.

Perhaps we will know more one. Maybe, maybe not.
  10. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

MT, Schilling Anchorage

Milow, I do like your misunderstanding of the MT readout on your post from the 24. of March. The Readout said, Azzam was on the hook off the coast of Schilling, which is a little town on the opening of the Jade Bay, just north of Wilhelmshaven. The local newspapers had pictures of her "anchorage" :D, just 3 NM off shore.

But you are correct, the long time after the handover to her owner is unusual. I do not want to start any bad news but the rumours going around in Bremen, especially in the Lemwerder and Vegesack area about the reason, do not sound very promissing. The local people are in sorrow. The long trouble, Lürssen had with Radiant comes into mind.
  11. 84far

84far Senior Member

Radiant... what was wrong with her... apart from being boring...? Cheers

Far
  12. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Radiant

Initially nothing. It was just a very long legal dispute with her original owner Boris Berezowski and Luerssen. Luerssen finally sold the yacht to somebody else.
  13. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Didn't Edmiston sell Radiant? I remember that there was a legal dispute that they ended up winning.
  14. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yes the lawsuit was after the sale of "Radiant". I am not shure if this was necessarily related to Lürssen.. I think the dispute between Lürssen and the former owner was before because money did not show up when it was supposed to do...which lead to the sale of the yacht while she was under construction.

Oops haha! I knew that..just wanted to check if you pay attention HTM09! Thanks for correcting me. :)
  15. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Radiant

Yes you are correct. There were more parties involved in that dispute. Edminston and a lot of expensive Lawyers :rolleyes:. I just wanted to keep my post short and simple.

The fact was called "failure of timely installment". The most stupid thing a customer can do, when building a yacht. Especially when it happens on more than one consequent installment. It gives the yards or the project company like Edminston all the rights and makes you the big looser. Mr. Beresowski was a good example.
  16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Radiant

I believe we are talking about two different issues and consequent lawsuits.

This seems to be the one, you are talking about. It was a public arbitration and the protocol was accessible on the internet, so it is legal to post it here.

Attached Files:

• 1883.zip
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
  17. Yacht News

18. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Back on track? The only track with Azzam is there is obviously trouble with it, nobody has ever heard of a yacht still at the yard 7 months after delivery. With so many sea trials is going to be almost second hand.
  19. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Well on the bright side "Azzam" is making more nautical miles now than her new owner probably will make during his ownership.