Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko

Looking for wooden boat builder.

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by jdl1201, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jdl1201

jdl1201 New Member

I'm looking for a boat builder who specializes in wooden boats. I have an idea of the boat I'd like built, I've included some pics... the name of the boat is Saga. I love the old wooden boat look but want modern luxuries. I've done this with cars, I have a '67 Corvette resto-mod. I'd like the boat to be between 50-60ft and have the kitchen of the main deck with one or two bedrooms below. I've searched the Internet but when ever you put up wooden boat builders all I come up with is sailboat or small boat builders. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

3. nilo

nilo Senior Member

wooden boat builders

if you care to build it outside USA then Vicem yachts could be a true alternative. You can contact their US office. If you consider the Trumpy has chosen them as builders, there may be some merit looking into it.
  4. I have been on board this 65' wooden yacht built by Hugh Saint on the west coast of Florida www.hughsaint.com
    But you must have deep pockets, this one cost about $6 million, partly because of it's 40 knot top speed. Also remember when it comes time to sell a custom yacht, almost any custom yacht, the market value may be a lot less than a production yacht.

Attached Files:

5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I had the pleasure of meeting Hugh Saint and looking aboard that boat when she was still under construction.

He is a nice guy and produces a nice product as well.
  6. atomare

atomare New Member

7. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

I don't know if Hacker Craft will do anything that big, but it's worth a look.
    I know two people with custom boats from them, and they are truly works of art.

http://www.hackerboat.com/
  8. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

9. 84far

84far Senior Member

I would suggest to spread your wings outside of the USA, but you have to remember building a new timber boat from scratch would cost a little.

Just a thought - http://www.azzuramarine.com/

Far
  10. jdpeterson

jdpeterson New Member

Showtime was a refit of a classic Trumpy that was presented to the boat show circuit in the US last year and has since then caused Trumpy to be reborn as a new company http://www.trumpyyachts.net

If you look for old classic yachts like the one you pictured, the name Trumpy will be very prominent.

For those that have never been to Annapolis, Maryland, If I remember correctly, the Chart House Restaurant occupies the space where Trumpy built PT boats during the Second World War.