Click for Glendinning Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for MotorCheck

Looking for a Surveyor in the Ft. Lauderdale area

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Ron Ferguson, Nov 16, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

I am looking for a surveyor in the Ft. Lauderdale area for a 68' Motor Yacht. I have looked at the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors in the area and there are well over 30 to choose from. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ron
  2. Lenny

Lenny Member

NAUTICAL SERVICES GROUP, INC.
    Jonathan Howe, AMS Marine Surveyor & Consultant
    Have used Jon and his son for over 7 years. First rate. I do a personal survey on my boat every year. He always manages to find small & large problems, I never knew existed, before they become MAJOR problems. Highly recommended.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Florida Nautical surveyors and Matt Jones are 2 good ones.
  4. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I have used the surveyors so far recommended on this thread and fully support using Malcolm Elliott at FNS. Malcolm is extremely knowledgeable on yachts large and small whether steel, aluminum, or fiberglass. Malcolm writes a unique survey report that is very beneficial for insurance purposes. I also highly recommend Jonathon Howe whom I have used for about 15 years. I have never had a client complain about what either of them found or didn't find.

As an aside, I have no vested interested; I have never gotten referrals nor any kind of benefits from either surveyor other than good service for my clients.

Judy
  5. Seasmaster

Seasmaster Senior Member

+1 for Malcolm Elliott. He did my boat last year. First class operation. JW speaks the truth!!
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Malcolm Elliot is Florida Nautical. But I've done over 100 surveys with him over the years and he's always top notch and knows darn near everything.
  7. Bill106

Bill106 Senior Member

Had an owner hire Blake Stahl (Blake Stahl and Associates) to come up and do an end of build survey on one of ours. I was very impressed with his knowledge and expertise, especially for such a young whippersnapper!