Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Walker Click for Burger Click for Furuno

Liveaboard Slip for 58 foot Bertram - Ft Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Kishore Hegde, Jul 9, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Kishore Hegde

Kishore Hegde New Member

Hi All,

Will be closing on a 1981 58 Bertram MY by the end of July.

Anyone know a private slip or a marina around Ft Lauderdale , Florida that can handle a boat this size , 18 foot beam, 6ft + draft

Need a slip that allows liveaboard and has 50 AMP service and water.

Rates seem to be all over the place so not sure what are the most reasonable rates

Thanks in Advance
  2. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Not surprised that this hasn’t gotten any response as live-aboard slips are very rare and available ones even more so. FWIW, we stayed at Marina Bay up the New River for about a month in 2019 and it meets your criteria. No clue as to availability or current policies as to live-aboards. Good Luck.
  3. Kishore Hegde

Kishore Hegde New Member

Hi captainwjm,

I appreciate the response will take a look at Marina Bay.

I figured it would be. I may have to find some temporary dock space that is not liveaboard until I find a liveaboard slip.

I still have my condo it will go on the market in the next 90 days so I am not in a bad spot yet.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

There are some services that help dock owners find tenants but it s almost always non liveaboard. Dockfinders for one.
  5. Kishore Hegde

Kishore Hegde New Member

Hi Pascal

Thanks I will check that one out , I found dockskipper and docksearch still waiting on few people to respond to my email
  6. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Just met new neighbor with 80 ft. of sea wall who mentioned renting the dock while going through the process of choosing a contractor to rebuild his sea wall & then the dock. We're 2 miles north of Hillsboro Inlet in what I call the Oasis of Broward County, with calm water canal. No fixed bridges nor liveaboards and you would not want to come or go when the tide is down but might be ok for "dead" storage but since no power to the dock maybe he could provide some minimum temp. service but there is water. Obviously far from ideal but maybe an option. There is also Lighthouse Point Marina and Lighthouse Point Yacht Club where they do permit liveaboards but no idea of current availability.
  7. saltysenior

saltysenior Senior Member

don't sell the condo....................yet.
    chesapeake46 likes this.
  8. David Helsom

David Helsom Member

Look up Rio Vista Apartments. Just east of the tunnel on the south side of the New River. Three years ago they charged us $1800 for our 60’ MY.
  9. Kishore Hegde

Kishore Hegde New Member

I have been running around I did not see these responses.

SplashFl , I appreciate the info I will take a look at those Marina's and maybe need to talk to you if I can't find anything and need a storage location

Saltysenior - worst case I will float around in the ocean LOL

David, I appreciate the info I will see if can go by there or find some contact info.

The other thing I was considering is to bring it to a DIY boatyard but I am going out of town for a few weeks for work and even though they are making money on the space they may not like it sitting there with no work being done for 3 weeks.

The slip I was initially going to keep the boat at after purchase fell through because the max boat length is 50 feet for the dock and code enforcement told the owner of the dock we have to move it.

Always a wrinkle in a plan.
  10. Marina Matt

Marina Matt New Member

Call the Downtown Docks on the New River 954-828-5423 and see what they can do for you. I was the Dockmaster there for 7 years and it is a good spot.
  11. Kishore Hegde

Kishore Hegde New Member

Marina Matt thanks for the info I will check this out and see what options they have

Drifter thanks for the info , unfortunately need to stay on the east coast as I have family and clients here.

I have been working on the boat up at Cracker Boy in Riviera Beach since August. I could only get on land insurance until I satisfied several issues. This is a project boat. Capt Ralph has been a wealth of knowledge for me the past 5 months since he has the same boat and 19+ years of trials. I am enjoying the journey. Will start a build thread soon just need to get things finished as the yard fees drain the wallet fast.
    Taking lots of notes and pictures along the way and getting things documented. Looking to keep this boat for a long time.

I appreciate all the responses Happy New Year to all.
    Drifter likes this.