Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn

Leak into aft cabin

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Glenn D, Feb 2, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Glenn D

Glenn D New Member

Has anyone had a leak into the aft cabin on port corner on a 1993 Carver 350? I’ve caulked all posts and ladder supports and still have a leak.
  2. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Check out the hull to deck joint/connection and the rub rail that usually covers that joint. Water gets in through the screws for the rub rail or behind the rub rail through the screws holding the hull / deck together. This tends to be a point area of leaks on some boats.
    Second check out any near by windows or port holes for leaks , along with weep holes for window drains.... Boats are such fun!
  3. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Hi, when you say you have re-caulked them, did you remove them and rebed them or caulk around the bases ?
  4. sal baio

sal baio New Member

I have a 2004 466 carver motor yacht. I have own it for the last 6 years, recently I have been battling a leak in my aft cabin over the bed. it seems to accumulate in the ceiling panels and than overflows down on to the bed, mostly on the starboard side. anyone have any idea where this can be coming from. I have re calked the radar arch and that seemed to slow it down for a while, now I am running out of things to calk. Any help would be appreciated
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Don't count on the leak being on the starboard side. If your boat lists even slightly to that side, maybe caused by the weight of a gen or such, the leak could travel from anywhere. pull down ceiling panels and see if water marks can lead you to the source. Failing that flood likely sources with a hose until you recreate the leak.
  6. sal baio

sal baio New Member

Thanks will check that out