Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander

Late Model Burger Yachts

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by WannabeeYhtsman, Apr 13, 2006.

1. WannabeeYhtsman

WannabeeYhtsman New Member

Late Model Burger Yachts

I find the late model, mid 80’s and older, Burger Flushdeck/Flybridge have got as much class and style today as they must have had when they where first launched. In a lot of cases, I prefer the lines of a classic Burger FD then to most euro style yachts today.

Is the Flushdeck/Flybridge yacht style losing in popularity to Pilothouse designs?

Cheers all
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Sounds like you and I come from the same school... old school! ;)

It certainly looks like Flushdecks have been put out to pasture (sea?), but Burger has drawings for a Timeless Cruiser, designed by Steve Davis. A couple of years ago, they were considering a semi-production run of this yacht, but it was placed on the back-burner as contracts for larger vessels began filling their orderbook.

Maybe when the mega yacht building craze cools off a little, we'll see builders begin to offer mortal size yachts again. Who knows, maybe they'll follow the lead of auto manufactures and begin offering retro-styled yachts?

Here's Burger's Timeless Cruiser...

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Although Holland Jachtbouw's "Cassiopia" is a Raised Pilot House, it embodies a style and an era that is appealing to many yachtsmen. Personally, I prefer a classic RPH, but short of the funds to commission one, my vote doesn't count.

[​IMG]
  4. WannabeeYhtsman

Yes, the Cruiser is another example of Timeless Beauty. It looks like the Cassiopia is a very nice blend of the classic lines of yesterday.
  5. mariog

mariog New Member

Although you may have a point about traditional styled yachts not being as popular today as these "Euro styled" new yachts. I have noticed that owners of Euro styled boats tend to sell them at a much faster rate that an owner of a traditional styled boat. Why, I'm not sure. It may be that owners might tire of the constantly changing Euro styling making their boats "outdated" style wise as compared to a new Euro style model, causing them to buy newer/trendier styles.

Although I don't mind the look of a Euro styled boat, but for me, looking at traditional styled boats is soul stirring and conjures up far away places that dreams are made of.

like Elliot key ;)
  6. WannabeeYhtsman

No, by far not all euro design styles are without appeal. Take the euro styling of the Mochi Dolphin DownEaster. This yacht puts sex appeal into shellfish fishing.

Sunseeker is another one that comes to mind that carries very nice euro styling lines.

Yes, like you, I do like the old school ways but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy a few refresher courses either:D
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I know what you all mean by Eurostyle, but I think the late Maestro of yacht design had a better expression, calling them Nondesigns.

For me the expression Eurostyle used to mean a yacht with side-decks and not widebody as many US-styled yachts, as a result of how we dock them.