Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Burger

Late '60s stain colors?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by pugetsound37, Oct 2, 2006.

1. pugetsound37

pugetsound37 New Member

Just wondering about the authentic (correct) stain colors for a '67 37' Riviera. I would like to refinish the cabin mill work with the original deep brown ('60s vintage) and am wondering what product folks have had success with. Additionally, I am interested to know what the appropriate color would be for the mahogany surfaces on the exterior...aft helm area, planksheers, handrails and so on. Would that be a traditional Chris Craft red such as Interlux's CC red filler stain or were these areas more "blonde?"
    Thank you, in advance for all the help. I am really interested to know about the opaque brown used in the cabin.
    tom@pugetsoundboat.com
  2. pugetsound37

pugetsound37 New Member

Thanks...found the colors! Sable walnut inside - Golden walnut, out.
  3. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Enter the Orchard

Mind you - the walnut sable does turn green after 25 years or so. :eek:
    I know, after sanding out every square inch of the interior in my 37' Riviera (http://www.geocities.com/sour_apples_usa/) - it still shows up when the light hits a spot or two just rite.
    Think twice - then stain away :p
    Cheers!
    Eric
  4. jsheperd

jsheperd New Member

sable walnut interior stain

I am looking for a source to buy the Sable Walnut interior stain for a 37' 1963 Constellation...anyone have a source?
  5. pugetsound37

pugetsound37 New Member

The Sandusky Paint Co. Contact Paul Wilke at 419-6262461. The Dark Walnut Filler stain is product number 9803 and the Golden Walnut is 7680. I believe Sandusky originally supplied the finishes to both Lyman and Chris Craft...possibly Century as well. I think you may be able to order online from Sandusky as well @ www.sapaco.com
    I sure loved the CXA-37 I had.
    Best of luck.
  6. jsheperd

jsheperd New Member

Found the site...Thanks!