Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Large Yacht Marinas -SJ/DEL

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by HarCon, Jun 28, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. HarCon

HarCon New Member

I was recently cleaning my boat a 62' Hatt when a guy walked up and asked me if there were any marinas in South Jersey/Delaware where he could get a slip for his 70+ footer for the remainder of the season. I thought about it for several minutes and for the life of me could not think of anyplace. Just out of curiosity does anyone know of marinas for that size boat?
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Atlantic City & Cape May come immediately to mind. None on the Delaware side of Jersey that I can think of though.
    Not sure if this is ok to post (admins?) Check Marinas dot com and Marina life.
    That said though, once you go over 50' you are very limited unless you go to major metropolitan areas or some sportfish docks near the inlets. He would have better luck over towards the Chesapeake. Several there.
  3. HarCon

HarCon New Member

Yea I looked in Marinas.com but found nothing for that size. I'm in Cape May but other than Party Boats I don't recall coming across anything for that size boat down here. There are transient dockage available but seasonal I really haven't seen anything. I think I'm pretty much at the top of the length range myself come to think of it.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Wouldn't know about seasonal. Have to talk with the marinas. I generally stay at the Canyon Club (transient) and I think they can handle a few 70s, also South Jersey I think it's called. There won't be a lot of slips around there for it though. No call for it. His best bet in the area would probably be up at Trump's (Farley) in A.C. There really just isn't anything to attract a 70' to that area. Up north at Mannisquan there's a few more slips, but again, not a lot. Just the wrong area for it.