Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn

Lagoon 500 expenditure per year

Discussion in 'General Catamaran Discussion' started by Michael_s, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Michael_s

Michael_s New Member

Hello

Could you tell me how much will be expenditure per year for Lagoon 500 ?
    Include parking price and the necessary work

My boss told me to find this information, but in internet I've found nothing.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

That question is like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

There are many variables.

1, Is it a new or previously used and abused Lagoon 500?

2, Where you want it to be parked will have a large influence on how much this costs every month.

3, The amount of work you will end up doing can be divided into two easy camps. Repairs and Maintenance which is self explanatory, the more you use it the more of this you will need, the other "running cost" will be things your client wants to change for an improved feel/function as these items can often be astronomically expensive when proposed by people in garishly coloured outfits and no bone on their wrists the actual costs of this are very difficult to quantify with any real level of accuracy by anyone half a world away from you who has no inkling or understanding of what your client likes and expects on his boat.

10% of the purchase price is often given as a ballpark figure, this can easily be exceeded by an overload of anything like top flight dockage and interior uogrades.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The 10% of new purchase price figure is about as close as you're going to come given the limited information you have to work with. One thing you might want to mention to him is that he will be limited in where he docks and may pay a premium for dockage with that 28' beam.
  4. Michael_s

Michael_s New Member

1. 2008-2009 years built
    2. parking about 10 000 per year . Is it possible ?
    3. Yacht will be in good condition. When my boss will buy it, he will refit it and check all details.

He asks the price without fuel.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

So in theory it should be good but you are not telling us how it has been used in it's previous life so any firther estimates of what will be needed are not realistic.

Please let me know where you can "park" a boat that size for €27 a day, I can easily find others who would like that.

Whose opinion will the condition be gauged by? You? The Broker? The Boss? Do you or the Boss have any previous marine related experience?

If he is already planning a refit then the costs of this could well exceed the rough estimate given previously.

That is considerate of him, just don't forget to remind him that the more hours with Gensets and Engine running the more Fuel/Oil/Filters/Anodes/Belts he will need and the closer he will get to needing an overhaul.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It all depends where you will dock it. On the east coast of the US transient dockage runns from about $1 per ft. per day to over $4. Seasonal dockage runs from around $60 to around $120 per ft. for 6 months. I have no idea of prices in the Med or in Russia or the thousand other places he might choose. Best bet would be to contact marinas in the area you intend to home port for specifics.
    BTW, every yacht is in "good condition" until the repairs start. '08/'09 should have you covered by several warranties which will save considerably.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

"Seasonal dockage runs from around $60 to around $120 per ft. for 6 months."

good luck finding $20 a ft dockage per month in SoFl! try $30 on a seasonal contract... more on a Thead for a cat!

I pay $24/ft a month on a annual contract...

obviously if the boat is kept in less popular locations you will find dockage in the $10 to $20 a ft per month.

this thread is a complete waste of time anyway since the OP cant' even tell us where in the world will the boat be "parked". dont' even know if the 10k is EUR or USD or whatever... i'm assuming it's EUR since the OP homeport is Russia, but who knows...

even EUR... 10k a year ? not for dockage in any decent location.. unless by "parking" he litteraly meant parking on land.
  8. vivariva

vivariva Senior Member

As NYCAP wrote the marina fees would be higher to a monohull of similar length since the fees are calculated in a square meters (lengthxbeam) (sq. ft in US&UK etc) in many marinas. Approx. price in Southern Turkey is 85 Euros per square meter (yearly contract). Lagoon 500 is 131 square meters if I am not mistaken.

Basically 11,500 Euros for a yearly contract is possible, in the southern Turkey. This excludes: electricity, water and any other misc. marina fees.

Lagoon 500 should have around two 50/75 hp engines, maintenance depends on the previous and future usage.

I'm beginning to question if the posts are authentic since you have switched from motor yachts to researching a catamaran, buying a second hand and refitting which is quite costly in itself, but researching the 'minor' costs such as marina costs. How much do you plan to spend on the refit? Why not buy one of the more expensive and higher quality cataraman brands? Lagoon is not a top-end product in its segment.

If you wish to decrease the maintenance costs, the only way is to buy a brand new boat. For a 2009 boat you must obtain the services of a surveyor and arrange a detailed inspection on the cat. your boss wishes to buy. No one could give an accurate answer without inspecting a used boat.
  9. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

Because the lay-out of a Lagoon is ideal for chartering.
    I remember being able to look straight through the FRP in the bilge on a delivery from Les Sables to Annapolis, just like a glass bottom boat.