Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Westport

| OceAnco | 55.63M | "QUEEN MAVIA" ex. "Lady Christine" | 2001 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by christo303, Jan 12, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. barre

barre New Member

I posted a few more shots of the heli deck on page 3. I'm actually impressed one can land a heli on such a small deck, this must be quite a feat.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Was wondering from our upstate friends, can Lady Christine fit the locks to proceed into the lake. I was there last year but am drawing a blank as to the size of the locks.
  3. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Lady Christine

Me Again..Sorry..All these lovely pics and not ONE of the lifeboat launchers..:( :( That last one is a nice shot of the passerelle (boarding Ladder.. At the beginning of this thread I put up some 3D jpegs of the workings. Notice the door is a pantagraph rather than more traditional hinged door. Lets face it,,Who wants to see the inner workings,Lock etc on the back of a hinged door. I went through hours of argument to be allowed to do such a thing as a Pantagraph. Luckily the skipper and or owner agreed. It was done in modular for and is **** near silent. Developed by me and a company in Hamble. This design was then fitted to all the yachts in the fleet afterward. I have no idea it it is still used but I very much doubt it knowing the mentality of some people after the original design team all left. If anyone of the crew,(skipper) are watching this thread can someone please tell me where the jib crane appeared from on the Heli deck.I have no recolection of it being there when she was launched. I am a old man now so maybe it was there. Have a distant memory of having to watch for the overall height of the heli blades when Heli was landing..

Mike..Seen the rest of your fotos.. Nice ,,but,,,,Grave stones??? Whats with that.. Think we have to swap some time.. Will PM you so you can see some of my 'NON YACHT' stuff..

Again..GREAT PICS EVERYONE!!!!! Personally I still think Mikes shot with the greenary in foreground and the old builinding in the backgraound is one of the VERY best Yacht shots on these forukms!!!:)
  4. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Iwas was scared to think someone could do it as well my friend.. When you stand up there its quite a large area but I would NOT want to be the one landing on the deck even so. 'Al Miqab' (seperate thread under OceaCo' Now that was a much bigger deck..
  5. forgingahead

forgingahead New Member

NYS Barge Canal Locks

According to the NYS Canal Corporation web site all of the locks can accomodate ships up to these dimensions:

"The area available for vessels within a lock is 300 feet long, 43.5 feet wide."

So lengthwise (182') and across the beam (35') Lady Christine is ok. The depth of portions of the canal system however is only 12 feet so with a draught of 11.5 feet, it could be a close call. According to the crew in Troy, they could go no farther than the Federal Lock, so I guess the answer is no, they cannot travel the canal to the Great Lakes.
  6. 'RoundTheHorn

'RoundTheHorn Senior Member

Air Draft Considerations

I bigger problem may be the air draft due to bridges and other overhead obstructions.

• Erie Canal - Waterford to Three Rivers Junction 21.0 feet
    • Erie Canal - Three Rivers Junction to Tonawanda 15.5 feet
    • Oswego Canal 21.0 feet
    • Champlain Canal 17.0 feet
    • Cayuga-Seneca Canal 16.5 feet

http://www.nyscanals.gov/faq/index.html
  7. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

HAHA. Just trying to change it up a little. Someone asked me if I wanted to shoot the graveyard, and I said why not. I'd love to see your pictures, as well as the Yacht stuff.
  8. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Lady Christine NOT CANAL ROUTES LOL

Well done Mike. Back on track here. Not aware that anyone from the yacht actually asked for all the canal routes and stuff LOL:D

I took a good look at your foto today and really couldn't help wondering WHAT the hell she is carrying up fwd, You can't see the waterline which visible in most other fotos previous to these.. Anyone else seen that. Was actually pointed out by one of the other 'X' designers from OceanCo. Still love this foto though. Got it as wallpaper on my work computer. Won't go down well there as I work in Oil and Gas industry now:( :( Would love an original digital copy if you wouldn't mind. I will send it to the marketing director.Who knows,,You might even make a few dollars from it:p You caused quite a stir here on the forums. Did you notice how many people joined on the day you posted this or the day she sailed into Troy?
    Will PM a personal mail address so we can swap some fotos..:) Thanks mate
  9. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

I did notice quite a stir. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see her had it not been for a friend's Twitter update. I was running out of the house to get somewhere and grabbed the camera on the way out. Boy, did that pay off. I am very happy I got to see her in person. What an amazing sight. Now, If I could just get a personal tour...
  10. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Angelus, I heard a rumor that she is still here. I am going to try and get you some more pics if she truly is here still. Stay tuned.
  11. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Turns out the rumor was just that. Seems she has set sail. I was not able to get more pictures today. I can only hope that someday I have another chance to photograph this beautiful vessel.
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

You could yet. Did she go north or south?
  13. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Not really sure. She was no where in sight when I went looking for her.
  14. norripointNY

norripointNY New Member

I am currently looking at this fantastic yacht. I am at Norri Point Enviormental Center about 8 miles north of Hyde Park, NY.
  15. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

You better take photos...or our Troy NY members will be up your back:) I'm just kidding, welcome to YF norripointNY
  16. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Looks like she's heading back down river. If anybody is in the area of West Point or Beekman's Castle those would make great backdrops for a picture of her.
  17. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

That's very sad. I wouldn't be able to make it down there until Friday at the earliest. I am sure she will be long gone before then.
  18. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

I was playing around in Photoshop with one of the pics and got a different result with a little more detail in the background...

Attached Files:

19. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Nice boat picture, but the post #27 pic is art. The forboding clouds and shadows give it depth and emotion.
  20. mthenry74

mthenry74 New Member

Thanks NYCAP. I really appreciate it. :)