Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Walker

Knowledge request.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by shari84, Oct 26, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. shari84

shari84 New Member

Hello, I am doing some reesearch into yacht extras and am trying desperately to get an approximate cost for installing special features on yachts. I realise it all depends on millions of factors, but could anyone help me out with estimates for the installation of the following on a yacht:

Golf driving range (like on the Lady Lola)
    Gym (like on Solemar)
    Cinemas (like indoor and outdoor ones on Flinders)
    Turkish Bath (like Savarona)
    Fibre Optic lighting (Excellence III)
    Themed design (Bart Roberts)

Also any idea how much an MD Explorer helicopter costs? The company isn't being too helpful on this one...! :confused:

Also, if you know where I could get hi-res photos of any of these - like from a charterer or builder/designer, please advise!

Thanks!! Shari
    sharilast@hotmail.com
  2. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Shari,

As a film critic (and a well written one!), I hope you will appreciate my "reviewing" your questions. My concern is why would a film critic ask these questions. Certainly this information wouldn't be useful to your readers? Or possibly, it's a new cinematic piece you're working on? Highly unlikely.

Your questions regarding the specific features on these yachts dictates you, or someone you are working with, has knowledge beyond... such as the editorial staff at a yachting magazine. Sorry Shari, but this has the makings of a scary movie.

In answer to your questions... each one of these features is custom in nature. The price will be determined by the labor and materials involved, which will vary widely based on the mood of the supplier at the time.

YachtForums is a website for yacht owners to share experience and learn from each other. It is not a collective knowledge pool for writers to obtain information to further their publication.

Carl Camper, Publisher
    www.YachtForums.com
  3. shari84

shari84 New Member

Hello,
    It's nice to be acknowledged as a film critic, even though it is just a hobby. The questions I was asking had nothing to do with my film reviews. I am working on some personal research due to an interest in boats and yachts. Thanks for the response anyway.
  4. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 Member

Defilmation

We waterborne trap and skeet shooters feel like we are being left out of this discussion. No discrimination, please ;)
  5. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 Member

However,

... a lot of what you are asking for depends on if these items, like turk bath, cinema et al, are designed and installed during the construction mode of the vessel or if it is a reto-fit. Initial design and installing during construction will be less expensive than retro-fit.