Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay

Installing Air Conditioning in the Fly Bridge of a 2005 Bertram 510

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by flshawn, Mar 4, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. flshawn

flshawn New Member

Has anyone had experience with the installation of air conditioning in the fly bridge of a 2005 Bertram 510 or similar model? If so, is there a local (south Florida) reputable company that can do this? What were the costs, time fram and work associated with this? I'm currently working with a client who is looking to do this and I am trying to do some homework to help them out with some options and hopefully steer them in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your comments and recommendations.

Shawn Johnson
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Never done it on a 51' Bertram. But should be able to be done in 2 days and a pretty straight foward install. Costs- about $35oo for the unit, $1000-1500 in miscelleanous parts (hose/clamps, display, vents), and probably looking at a total bill with everything of $8k would be my guess. I use Seabreeze marine a/c and have for many years.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

It really depends on the layout and access. It can be an easy job or a nightmare ...

First what do you have right now? All in ones or remote compressors ?

If all in ones, adding an extra unit up high means putting in an extra pump to push. So you ll likely have to haul out to add a thu hull.

If remote condensors you need to see if you have room in the ER to add one and run the copper pipes to the FB. Those takes more space in chases.

The rest of the install is straight forward but as everything depends on howm uch space you have to work in. That dramatically affects labor costs
  4. flshawn

flshawn New Member

Thanks for both of your recommendations!
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Also, i usually only see package units installed on flybridge locations.