Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko

Information of Bertram 73' year 2000

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by minirati, Apr 10, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. minirati

minirati New Member

I being looking from Bertram yacht from 55' to 64' and i found this bertram 73' of the year 2000, trying to look for some information i found out that they only made a few, does some one knows why? There some problem with the boat that i should know about?

Thanks for the help.

John
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

John,

The " key represents inches. The ' key represents feet. Unless you're looking for a remote control Bertram, I have edited your post and changed the designated lengths from inches to feet.
  3. minirati

minirati New Member

Thanks for the correction, my first lenguage is not english.

Regards,

John
  4. Bluto

Bluto New Member

Dear John ,
    the project of this boat was done by the old owners of Bertram Yacht ( an italian investor called Varasi ) . Meanwhile Ferretti Group bought the factory and decided to change all the production range and for this reason only few of the new bertram Flagship were produced . I did not hear anything bad on this boat that is not to be confused with the very bad 72' built in the late 80s .
    ciao
  5. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Your post is only partially correct. The 73 Bertram was a 72' Bertram whose deckhouse was partially redesigned by I think either Luis Debasto or Arthur Barbieto. There was only one built with the "updated" windows like this one and as you stated, it was started by the old owners of bertram and before ferretti took over, someone purchased the partially completed boat and finished it on their own.

It was on the market for several years in all white livery and was then sold to the owners of Pilon coffee who had the hull painted fighting lady yellow and renamed it "expresso". There was one more boat built out of the 72' bertram molds but with an extension in the cockpit to 76'. This boat wasn't assembled by bertram but instead was sold off in pieces to a broker who later sold the parts to someone who sent it La Spezia where it was finished to the highest standards. After several years of being worked on nonstop, the owner took the boat out on its first sea trials then promptly committed suicide. The vessel was subsequently put up for sale for the next seven or eight years. I can't find it on YW, so perhaps it finally sold. Here's a link to it on a European site and here's a photo of the 73' that you're asking about...

Attached Files:

6. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Corrections

That 73 was designated the 735 and was built in 98/99 and finished in 2000 by Ferretti.

The Italian consortium that took over Bertrams started the project but changed the 72 hull which had a deep draft and a bad reputation and the newer 73 had a reduced draft but that came with the cost of vibrations throughout the boat as it was built alot lighter.

Unfortunately for Ferretti they inherited this project but they did step up to the plate and spent alot of time and money trying to get it right.

The one other hull that was completed lay on the side of the Miami River on the site of the Irish bar that was built there a number of years ago. I think it was eventually finished off but there was alot of issues with the hull initially.