Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Informa Exhibitions buys South Florida boat shows

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Yacht News, Mar 2, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

If you are accustomed to attending the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS), Yachts Miami Beach, or the Palm Beach International Boat Show (PIBS), things could get a bit different in the future. Yachting Promotions is the operator company that previously ran these shows which are technically the largest boat shows the United States offer. Informa Exhibitions, the company that runs the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) has bought Yachting Promotions for a reported 133 million dollars.

***​

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The PR just came across my desk and you've already uploaded it! Nice work Ron!!

I was just reading another press release in total disbelief...

http://boatingindustry.com/news/2017/03/01/yachts-miami-beach-reports-positive-2017-show/

Is it just me, or does it feel like misinformation is running rampant? For those of us who have attended these shows throughout the years, we have watched attendance sharply decline, but according to show promoters, business has never been better! (insert roll-eyes emoticon here)

Collins was dead.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It's always been that way with shows of every type. They've never had a bad year. The reports come from the show managers. We're not going to publicly say we failed this year.
  4. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Just wondering how the new format with paid admission affected the show; were the brokers and new sales happy with the reduced crowds? We noticed the difference especially at the food and beverage areas, not difficult to find a table even at peak times.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Sales on new yachts were very slow from what I hear. However a used yacht broker told me there were a lot less people wandering the docks BUT, they were serious boaters/buyers and not your families looking for free entertainment.
  6. Captain Zemo

Captain Zemo Senior Member