Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for Comfort Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay

In need of Marquipt Davit repair in Vero Beach, FL

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Gregg Gaskins, Feb 21, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Gregg Gaskins

Gregg Gaskins New Member

I have a 1999 54' Viking Sport Yacht with a 1500 lb Marquipt Davit located on the deck, port side. All good till a few days ago, davit boom would not lower, even with Tender attached and hanging. Boom will raise, and cable will travel in & out. Boom down solenoid is energizing, maybe a valve body issue or trash in spool valve. Is there anyone in the Vero Beach or Ft Pierce area to service and repairs these davits? Spoke with Marquipt last week, not a preferred option with their proposed travel time cost.

Looking for any suggestions.

GG
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Fl. Rigging and Hydraulics in Riviera Bch, FL. may be your closest option.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Is there a way to engage th valve manually? I m not familiar with the marquipts but on others you can force it manually.

Have you checked fluid level?

I have a similar issue on a Nautical structure davit (2009). It has a small leak around the pump (can't see where but I have fluid in the pan) and when fluid gets low for some reason boom down is the first function to fail.

And even with good fluid level, that valve acts up sometimes. But it will work if I either press the boom down button quickly two or three time, or press boom up and then boom down quickly.

Will work on it when we get back from t h exumas but I don't look forward dealing with NS either.

If I was to select a new davit, I would pick QuickLift, their customer service is incredible.
  5. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Call Ted Kasper at Allmarine Systems in WPB, 305-205-4208. He fixed my Nautical Structures davit and rebuilt the hydro pump.

Agree w/Pascal, NS customer service is the worst.