Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

Husband and Wife team

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Speedychevy, Jul 10, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Speedychevy

Speedychevy New Member

My wife and I are both graduates from Texas A&M Maritime acadamy. We are currently working in the oil field. We both have a second mates unlimited tonnage license and 1600 ton captain license. Both are ocean licenses. We have been in the oil field for a while running 240 foot OSVs. We are looking to make a change to yachts as a husband and wife team. If anyone could give us some helpful advice we would greatly appreciate it.
  2. simongb

simongb New Member

foot on the ladder

Wow ! there is some experience. Why the change ? What are the reasons for wanting to get into the yacht industry ?

The industry is so varied it is insain. A lot depends on owners and if you are after a yacht that charters of just one owner that does not charter.

Best way in, is by word of mouth.

Where do you want to be, do you care ? What will your wife be doing, what size yacht are you after. It goes on and on in my opinion. Will you travel to Europe to talk to people or stick in the States ?

Figure out some of these and then post again. Both have different aproaches.
  3. cappyt

cappyt New Member

Hi Dave

Hi dave.