Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for Abeking

how to design self intelligent wind powered boat(yatch)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by shahlahpulak, Nov 3, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. shahlahpulak

shahlahpulak New Member

Hi everybudy,after a long literature review,no i has made a desicion to come out with a rigid wing sail which will be applied to my self intelligent yatch. :D . I1m goint ot use the catamaran type hull for my project. The reason why i choose rigid wing sail because the sail itself is intelligent enough to follow the wind direction in order to produce drive force. Now,let me refresh back what was my project objective going to be. My objective for my project is to design a self intelligent wind powered boat for recreational purpose. maybe people migh be asking What does it mean with a self intelligent ? It mean that when someone who doesnt know at all how to handle the sailboat (reacreational purpose),but still want to feel the pleasure of sailing. :D Nnow,i`m the middle of developing a method or concept to achieve this objective.Maybe i`ll using the sensor method to develope this concept.so, By using this rigid wing sail, and apllying the airfoil theory, i hope that i can make it. So, if any of you here has any idea,homepage or any references..hope can share it with me :) .
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, I wish this ship existed since there are a bunch of people out there sailing as if they already have it! ;)

I found a site where you will find the basics on boats to start with;
    http://members.aol.com/kagekiha/traveller/wtshipde.htm

When it comes to navigation you should search for information on ARPA, which is a radar system for navigation and collision avoidance.

And finally power from the wind can be obtained in many ways, and there are many inventions made, but not many are used yet. After all, people learn to sail the "normal" way, with mast and sail and the only achievements widely accepted is to use catamaran and trimaran hulls to get there faster.

Good luck and please come back when you get into more specific problems!